Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphones

• 12-08-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a set of headphones, however im not sure which ones to go for!
    • Sony MDRV 500
    • Sony MDR-V700DJ
    • Sennheiser HD25 mk 2 C
    • Allen & Heath Xone XD-53

Im leaning more towards the HD-25's as I use them in work and the sound quality and isolation is excellent!

Any thought or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

You use them for work? what do you work at? :rolleyes:

I use Sony sean and ive no complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah I can get the sony 700's in HMV for 90e or pay 180e for the HD-25's :confused:

Sush im in work now!
    I do alot of music editing and beat matching for audio visual installations in pub's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I've the Sony MDR 500s and I've got no complaints.The bass could use a little more thump but they're sturdy yokes and seem like they are a sound investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Sennheiser HD25, forget the rest.
    They're the best sounding closed headphone bar none, I use them every day.

I went with the Sony 700's an love them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

HD-25 or the RPDJ 1200's (they're cheaper and better at isolating sound but not as good quality sound wise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Have you bought them yet? There DJ phones your looking at... ie. designed for mixing tracks in a club.

For listening to should be veering towards higher quality listening phones - grados are very good for dance music for example - they have a forward, in your face high energy sound with lots of quality deep bass.

Loads of other different brands to look at which all have a different sound signature. I could comment on some other brands but I won't because I've haven't tried them - apart from the Sennheiser HD650. I had that and I sold it - it's a great headphone - huge soundstage, great detail and great bass but it's a more relaxed sound - maybe that's your thing though?

I'm actually thinking about getting the H650's again as I think they would now be a nice complement to my Grados.

Yeah bought the Sony headphones and love them.

Advertisement