Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Approved methods by which parking tickets can be issued?

• 12-08-2009 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Just seen the Garda driving down a road full of illegally parked vehicles and simply writing down details..

If there is no need to issue tickets any more then why do traffic wardens still issue them at all?:confused:

Possible a cop has greater powers?:confused:

Surely there is some S.I. that deals with this relatively simple procedure. Any know of hand...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭oceallachain

i'm a serving member of the Gardai and I couldn't agree with you more. This system is an absolute disgrace. Its called the fcps system. government paid millions incorporating it and now we have a situation where the guards hate it, solicitors love it and judges hate it. let alone the poor sole who gets an fcps notice in the door without any prior warning for a non-intercept offence.

for me it takes away a garda's most valued power, his/her power of discretion in that by the time the customer becomes aware of the offence's detection its actually too late for the guard to consider a verbal caution.

bring back the ticket book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Simple explanation. Gardaí and Traffic Wardens operate under different legislation. A Traffic Warden must afix the notice to the vehicle or hand it to the driver. A Garda does not need to afix the notice or hand it to the driver at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Most Gardaí are not going to go around issuing tickets willy-nilly for parking offences.

Most likely what would occur is that some member of the public, or more likely a representative such as a politician, would make a complaint about the parking issues in that particular area. They would write to the local Superintendent who would then direct Gardaí to go down and issue tickets. That's how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pretty much. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Simple explanation. Gardaí and Traffic Wardens operate under different legislation. A Traffic Warden must afix the notice to the vehicle or hand it to the driver. A Garda does not need to afix the notice or hand it to the driver at the time.

Is this still the case?
    I returned to my car today after being away for about 5 mins. I obviously had no ticket on my car but was well within the 10 mins grace allowed to purchase a ticket. A traffic warden was in the process of issuing the ticket when I got back. I got into the car and drove off before he finished writing it and he had no chance to affix said ticket.
    He didnt make any effort to stop me but got noticeably faster at writing but not fast enough!
    Can the ticket now be sent to me in the post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

Is this still the case?
    I returned to my car today after being away for about 5 mins. I obviously had no ticket on my car but was well within the 10 mins grace allowed to purchase a ticket. A traffic warden was in the process of issuing the ticket when I got back. I got into the car and drove off before he finished writing it and he had no chance to affix said ticket.
    He didnt make any effort to stop me but got noticeably faster at writing but not fast enough!
    Can the ticket now be sent to me in the post?
    i think so. i am sure whoever said a warden has to affix ticket is wrong

Advertisement