Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Claims on Dole

• 12-08-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi everyone:-)

i was just wondering if anyone could help me with this. I had to go on the dole for a few months last year, and it took over 3 months for them to process my claim. Now I've had to sign on again, but this time its a repeat claim, does anyone know if repeat claims take just as long to process? Or is it a shorter wait since they already have all of my details in their system and my means were also inspected by the officer last year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

lo2009 wrote: »
    Hi everyone:-)

i was just wondering if anyone could help me with this. I had to go on the dole for a few months last year, and it took over 3 months for them to process my claim. Now I've had to sign on again, but this time its a repeat claim, does anyone know if repeat claims take just as long to process? Or is it a shorter wait since they already have all of my details in their system and my means were also inspected by the officer last year?

Not sure but interesting question. Well you should certainly be listed on the database which would improve processing time, but isn't the bulk of time your left wait due to the applications to be processed ahead of you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭GER12

Your claim will more than likely be treated as a whole new claim - and as for how long it will take - given the rising numbers and depending on where you are - it could take at least 3 months. You can apply for SWA from your local health centre pending the processing of your claim and this is a means tested payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i know if it was within 3 months of the previous claim closing it only took a few days ,so i would think you will be waiting the same as everyone else.you should ask in the local office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lo2009

are u sure,even though its a repeat claim and not a fresh claim?i didnt have to give any new documents,as they still have the ones from last year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

They will keep your documents from the last claim, and use the same means test you had before, but there's thousands of claims waiting to be paid in most of the bigger offices, and they are awarded in date order. So you more than likely will be waiting. If you are financially stuck in the meantime you can go to the Community Welfare Officer to see if they can pay you Supplementary Welfare Allowance while you are waiting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement