Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro Fantasy Football

• 12-08-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭

For anybody interested I am playing a FF game that includes players from the PL, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga. I've been playing it for the past couple of seasons and think it's a bit more competitive than the PL one because there are a lot of players who can be picked up cheap and get you a lot of points. This is the site

http://www.freefantasyfootball.tv/

I have set up a league there for anybody who wants to join, here's the details

League Name: dor83
    Password: boards.ie

Before anyone says it, I know there's another FF thread but this is for a different game and I did post there but it got lost in that thread so I decided to start a new one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Ill join

come on lads, sign up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Thanks to everybody who has joined so far. You can also post teams here if you want, here's mine

Manager: Jose Mourinho

Team:
    Given
    Evra - Lescott - A. Cole - Maicon
    Pastore - Diego - Hamsik - Doni
    Milito - Aguero

Subs: Schwarzer, A. Ferdinand, Bresciano, Diamanti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I'll join right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

A lot of the Serie A squads aren't up to date.

They do seem to be missing a few of the summers transfers, like Maxwell for Barca, but I think that might be because they have only had the site working again for a couple of days and are probably concentrating on the leagues that are starting this week. If the player you want isn't there at the moment I would pick a player who is playing this week and transfer him next week because you will have 4 transfers to use before the end of the month and will probably get more points because the Serie A doesn't start until next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dor83 wrote: »
    you will have 4 transfers to use before the end of the month and will probably get more points because the Serie A doesn't start until next week.

Ooh good point. I didn't realise they're starting it early. Ok I'm in and I have 2 Serie A players which are temporary subs but my first team for the year should be:

Neuer

Contra
    Bassong
    Dani Alves---

--Kaka---Gomez---Diego---Ribery---Modric--

Luis Fabiano
    Huntelaar

And Gianfranco Zola as Manager

Schalke had tied-most clean sheets in Bundesliga so Neuer is great value I think, good keeper. Fabiano's been knocking them in at international level at least. It's a pity there's no points for assists or I'd have Xavi in there for sure!

dor83 wrote: »
    Thanks to everybody who has joined so far. You can also post teams here if you want, here's mine

Manager: Jose Mourinho

Team:
    Given
    Evra - Lescott - A. Cole - Maicon
    Pastore - Diego - Hamsik - Doni
    Milito - Aguero

Subs: Schwarzer, A. Ferdinand, Bresciano, Diamanti

Good call on Hamsik, had him in there myself but needed the extra 100,000 from Modric instead. :(

8-10 wrote: »
    Good call on Hamsik, had him in there myself but needed the extra 100,000 from Modric instead. :(
    Yeah I'm a big fan of Hamsik and think he is a top quality player, he's also very cheap in my opinion. There are a few players who were cheaper than I expected this season, Diego has been one of the top points scoring midfielders for the past 2 seasons and he is only 14.1m which is very cheap considering Anderson is 17.1m. Milito is another who is cheap, he was second highest goal scorer in Serie A last season and he only costs 16.5m when Suazo(who is also at Inter but will probably be 4th choice) is 18m.

I took your advice on Neuer too, I wanted to get a cheaper keeper and wasn't sure who to pick but from what you said he seems to be a bargain.

Just to let everyone who has joined the league know, you have to have your team selected by 12 tonight to score points this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just entered there.

Manuel Neuer

Thiago Silva
    Maicon---Glen Johnson----Matthew Taylor
    Daniel Alves

Frank Lampard
    Zvjezdan Misimovic
    Diego

Edin Dzeko
    Alberto Gilardino---

• Advertisement

Woo top-of-the-table! (just). Seb Bassong was a masterstroke ;)

To be honest I can't see myself taking as much interest in this one, I really don't like the lack of points for an assist. I brought in my Serie A players now so I think I'll leave the team as is for a few weeks...just need to pick a captain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

just joined

Manager: Ancelotti

Nueur

Dani Alves Carvalho Vidic Vermaelen

Modric Palacios Diego Lampard

Dzeko Aguero

67 points so far, im happy with that

79 so far myself but it won't really start properly until next week as most people will have a couple of players from La Liga in their teams. The Inter players let me down this weekend too, Bari really should have been a win and I was hoping Milito would get me a goal.

up to 114, happy enough considering I missed the first week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Just after throwing my name into the ring

GK: Frey
    DF: Jansen, Matt Taylor, Subotic, Lahm
    MD: Cana, Palombo, Barnetta, Hamsik
    FW: Torres, Doyle
    Manager: Zola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Currently in 8, not too bad.

Heres my team: