Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innocent 1litre smoothies - where to find best price?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

They were available in Superquinn on special offer for €3 recently but now back up to €4.

Anyone know where I may find them for under €4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Think they're €2.99 in Dunnes on Georges Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

Tesco have 25% off the small Innocent Smoothes cartons at the moment.

4 x 180 ml now €2.99 (still 4.16/ltr - expensive)

Their 1 Ltr smoothies are €3.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 alanjob

3 for 4 pounds in asda. You could get it delivered by recession bus tours for 25 euros if you buy other groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think thats for the kids ones.

Its £2.00 each for the liter cartons:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=innocent&SortBy=3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Since its the bargain forum it should be pointed out that it is cheaper to make your own! I would not get a dedicated smoothie maker though. I would get one of those amazing/magic bullet mini blenders, they just rinse clean under the tap and you drink it right out of the mixing bowl container, so non goes to waste. Think superquinn were doing the blenders for €30-35 recently, might still have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

rubadub wrote: »
    Since its the bargain forum it should be pointed out that it is cheaper to make your own! I would not get a dedicated smoothie maker though. I would get one of those amazing/magic bullet mini blenders, they just rinse clean under the tap and you drink it right out of the mixing bowl container, so non goes to waste. Think superquinn were doing the blenders for €30-35 recently, might still have them.

Meh, I'm not entirely convinced on the whole DIY effort. Making your own requires a lot of effort which gets tiresome rather quickly. Even from a cost point of view, I'm not so sure that it's cheaper to make your own. According to the innocent website it is more cost effective to buy the cartons - clearly a biased source of course, but fruit is very expensive and quality cannot always be quaranteed.

http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/value/

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

The Irish stats re diy vs. buy the carton are here;
    http://www.innocentdrinks.ie/value/index.html

In my case, if I buy the fruit, I put preparation on the long finger and most of the fruit ultimately gets chucked. I *do* drink the smoothies.

OP, you should sign up for the Innocent newsletter - they'll notify you where and when promotions are running - it's currently on the smaller bottles/kids multi-packs (also on link above).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

They have the kids small packet ones in spar for 2 euro for four of them at the moment.

I personally get a 500g bag of frozen fruit in aldi for 2 euro and mix them with the magic bullet thing with a banana and apple juice, they taste real nice, but innocent ones are nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

spectre wrote: »
    Making your own requires a lot of effort which gets tiresome rather quickly.
    Well I would not advise using a smoothie maker, they are just messy and half it ends up still inside. The bullet device means you drink right out of the blender cup.
    According to the innocent website it is more cost effective to buy the cartons - clearly a biased source of course, but fruit is very expensive and quality cannot always be quaranteed.
    I'm surprised they didn't price it even higher.
    Lucy T went off to a leading supermarket and bought the exact amount of ingredients needed to make a litre of our strawberries & bananas and our mangoes & passion fruits recipes.
    FRESH mangoes & passion fruit are very expensive, strawberries are expensive too, esp. off season. So it would cost a fortune, and no doubt the innocent guys did NOT compare like with like and they bought fresh fruit. Their stuff is processed so should be compared with other processed fruit, go down to asian supermarket and you can bet big tins of mangoes and other fruit really cheap. But many of these are in syrup and I know innocent are sugar free.
    In my case, if I buy the fruit, I put preparation on the long finger and most of the fruit ultimately gets chucked. I *do* drink the smoothies.
    You should freeze it, it also chills your smoothie rather than diluting it with ice. Over-ripe fruit is best for smoothies as it blends easily, and you can sometimes get it fruit being sold off cheap in supermarkets when over-ripe. they always have bananas really cheap in my shop. If you hit moore street you could pick up loads and freeze it
    I personally get a 500g bag of frozen fruit in aldi for 2 euro
    Tesco do individual smoothie packs in the freezer section, with bananas & strawberries, they also have frozen raspberries, strawberries etc in the freezer section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Tescos own brand stuff has been reduced to 2.20eur per litre. It's virtually identical to innocent and innocent probably supply them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

They were available in Superquinn on special offer for €3 recently but now back up to €4.

They are on offer for 2 euro in superquinn at the moment .Have been for the last week or so. I remember one flavour of them used to be 5.29 or something which was far too expensive :0

Are you sure? I was in SQ Ranelagh yesterday and Innocent smoothies were €3.99 but something beside them was on special. They're not listed as being on special in the current promos leaflet.

That said, Tesco, Jervis centre had most of them (incl. the Superfoods range) for €3 during the week but not in Camden St. or Rathmines!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I bought three of them, all of flavours displayed at 2 euro yesterday in the superquinn in ballinteer. It might be just specefic to this store?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,511 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

sxt wrote: »
    I bought three of them, all of flavours displayed at 2 euro yesterday in the superquinn in ballinteer. It might be just specefic to this store?

Nope, they were €2 in SQ Lucan too a few days ago. Great price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭gavney

yeah, that offer won't be beaten. stocked up on em myself

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

They were going for €2 in Superquinn in Ranelagh for about two weeks running. The shelf price remained at the usual €3.99 so it may've been a misprice. It's back at the regular price now though.

Sssh - €3 each , regular/seasonal/superfood in Tesco Dundrum, while stocks last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Superquinn are selling a box of innocent smoothies(4 x 180ml cartons) for €2 at the moment.....thats 720mls for €2, pretty handy i think especially for taking to work/college etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 alanjob

These are back on sale in superquinn till 10th nov for 2 euros.

None of these are for the 1L cartons but nonetheless;

"We've kept our eyes peeled for any special offers on our drinks. Here is what we have found:

Dunnes: innocent squeezies half price from Feb 6th to Feb 28th.
    Dunnes: innocent OJ €1.99 from Feb 6th to Feb 28th.
    Superquinn: innocent kids €3.00 from Jan 27th to Feb 23rd.
    Spar and Eurospar: innocent little bottles €1.99 from Jan 25th to Feb 23rd.
    SuperValu: innocent kids €3 from Feb 7th to Feb 27th. "

• Advertisement
Advertisement