Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog food

Options
  • 12-08-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

hi my dog is on burns dogfood but i agree with people on here that it contains too much brown rice.
    im thinking of doing a slow switch to arden grange as i can get this locally and dont like shopping online.
    what is everyones opinions on arden grange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

After years of the Burns chicken and Rice and trying other foods too I've settled on Burns Pork and Potatoe well for now anyway, seeing how things go. So far so good. I only changed to a different brand once in 5 years.
    Heard good things about Arden grange, all dogs are different so if you try out a few different ones over time (not too often obviously) you'll find one that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

true thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Rogan

The whole dog food thing is a mine field - what's everyone's thoughts on dogfoodanalysis.com ? Somehow I'm not sure how accurate the analysis is or who does it.

Like most foods available in Ireland - Arden Grange doesn't get a great review

My two, both puppies 5 months and 3 months are on Burns mini bites (not a great review on dogfoodanalysis) - I think it has probably less meat than I would like.

I see Molly's in Dunlaoighaire are now selling Orijen. Which does get good reviews on dogfoodanalysis - but with concerns about the amount of protein for puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Ive been feeding my pup arden grange since we got her, was told its the best you can get.

I recently asked someone who breeds and trains dogs why my pups coat is so dry and why is she scratching alot because she doesnt have fleas or tics and he said its probably the food because it has a massive amount of protein in it (29% i think) so im going to switch it to something else and see does it help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

i dont really like dogfoodanalysis
    they seem to be of the view the more protein the better rating even if its only 4%(arden grange lamb and rice is 4 star and the chicken and rice is 3 star)
    mind boggles

• Advertisement
Advertisement