Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCPS - Clamping - Do you want to recoup the costs paid to NCPS for unfair clamping??

• 12-08-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

NCPS - Small Claims Court
    Hello everybody,

I have a small group of people who have had similar issues with NCPS. We have received no response from NCPS in our request for a refund.

In each situation, there was inadequate signage highlighting the fact that clamping was in operation in the area. We have photographic evidence of this, along with our correspondance with NCPS.

We are now progressing to take NCPS to court to recoup the clamping fees unfairly levied upon us.

If anyone else wishes to be involved in this action, please can you e-mail david.nally@three.ie with your details & we will enter into discussion regarding the matter.

We are making our submission on 18/08/2009. Anyone wishing to join us will need to get their details in before close of business on 17/08/2009.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Will you attack Dun Laoghaire Rathdown county council too.... My taxes pay for their organisation and the roads yet I still have to pay for parking everywhere when I've contributed enough!

Are you for real? If you're so worried about NCPS then just cut off the lock and when it goes to court explain your case. I think at this stage everyone's been clamped at 1 point and you know when you're on private land, there'll be clampers around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dnally1983

My issue is that I was parked in a private apartment complex that had no evident signage regarding clamping & the apartment owner was not even aware of it. I had parked in a visitors space & these guys clamped me at 5am.

If clamping is in operation they should have adequate signage that there is the possibility of being clamped. Had I not been in such a rush to work, I would have attempted to get the thing off myself.

In any case, I have several other people in a similar situation willing to pursue this matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thankfully have yet to have the misfortune of being clamped but good luck and let us know the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

NCPS are the holders of a licence from the Private Security Authority, might be worth having a look there, also might be worth having a look at the Annual Returns at the Companies Office, must be a very profitable company judging by the number of complaints about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If this is going legal, then we'd rather not have it discussed here please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement