Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Based in North Dublin - Need to test access to Hotbird satellite

• 12-08-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi, I need a favour from someone. I have a satellite receiver and I want to test how well it works with the hotbird satellite dish before I go spending money on a new dish. Would someone be so kind as to let me use their connection?

You can contact me on PM.

Many thanks,

W.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

william wrote: »
    Hi, I need a favour from someone. I have a satellite receiver and I want to test how well it works with the hotbird satellite dish before I go spending money on a new dish. Would someone be so kind as to let me use their connection?

You can contact me on PM.

Many thanks,

W.

Just wondering do you have a $ky dish? If it works with a $ky dish you should be fine.

What receiver is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Hi Greenman,

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR PVR receiver. It used to work on my old sky dish but stopped recently (a roofing contractor interfered with the dish). I have a specific Cam for Hotbird and I want to incorporate this into the test also.

W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Hi Greenman,

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR PVR receiver. It used to work on my old sky dish but stopped recently (a roofing contractor interfered with the dish). I have a specific Cam for Hotbird and I want to incorporate this into the test also.

W.

Living in clondalkin m8 if thats any use to ye

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Living in clondalkin m8 if thats any use to ye

Thanks, I might take you up on that if I cant get closer or get it resolved another way. Appreciated.

William

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

where are you located ?

• Advertisement

Near Baldoyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

A bit far away from me but if you wanted to hike all the way to Castleknock you're welcome.

Thanks Pal, I will let you know shortly if I need to take up your kind offer.

Just to let you know I got everything to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Just to let you know I got everything to work.

Good to get your feedback.

How did you sort out your problem?

• Advertisement

Greenman wrote: »
    Good to get your feedback.

How did you sort out your problem?

I made a separate post on this in case someone else was ever in the same situation: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61772991#post61772991

Advertisement