Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D7 Marketing Solutions

• 12-08-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm not sure if there has been a discussion on this topic already, but i'll post it anyway just to see. Well I've been searching for work for a couple weeks now since finishing college completely and about two or three weeks ago I got a call asking would I come to an interview with D7 Marketing Solutions. The job I'd applied for was to do with cosmetics marketing I cant remember the exact title.

Anyway, I was quite delighted to have gotten an interview and set about googling the company so as to know as much as I could about them in preparation for the interview. But, when I did look them up I discovered several blogs and forums discussing <snip> the company <snip> and that they employ young freshly graduated people who <snip>. Apparently the job involves going around housing estates in pairs selling make-up <snip>

<snip>

Needless to say I did not go to the interview. But what amazes me is the fact that the job was advertised on one of most popular and trusted irish jobs websites. How are they allowed to advertise such bogus jobs on legitimate sites. I am also not very comfortable about this company having my personal information that was sent in my cv.

Has anyone else been asked to an interview with this company? or even worse, has anyone actually had the experience of working for them? I'd love to know how you got on.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

They aren't bogus jobs, and it's not a scam.

It's commission based door to door selling.

Advantages? You'll learn sales skills, will develop balls of steel, and have "unlimited" earning potential.

Disadvantages? Difficult job with no guaranteed income.

It's not for everyone, but it's not a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lo2009

oh i didnt know,im just repeating what i've read of the company. have you worked for them? whats it like? is it not unbareably stressful to work so hard and not even be guaranteed a decent wage? i wouldnt be cut out for it definitely. Are the cosmetics as bad as people are saying they are,or are these just rumours?....sorry for the 20 questions:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I haven't worked for them, but I've worked in sales environments before.

If you can handle rejection, and if you like selling, you can make a lot of money working in sales , regardless of what you're selling.

But if you don't like selling, and you don't believe in the product you're selling, well then I'd imagine it's a pretty stressful job. :)

I have no idea if their cosmetics are good or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

It's a sales company, you are supposed to sell <snip>.

Fair enough if you know what you're getting into, but <snip>

A friend was looking for work and she was overjoyed to hear from them re: office marketing position (she wanted to go into marketing), I warned her what this could be but she wanted to check anyway and this is exactly what happened. They wouldn't even mention sales to her, just marketing and multilingual experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

<snip> Today I was offered a office job with them and am ment to call into them tomorrow. Wont be going now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 babbar sher

Hi all,

I went to one of their interviews & to be honest wanted to get out of there asap! I know these people have to make a living but it was just not for me. So I walked out before the thing finished. Couldnt see myself going door to door at all.

But anyways, I read an article in the newspaper with the name of the owner/ prop along with the company name. An african woman had filed a suit against him accusing him of racially abusing her, including really bad remarks etc. Now Im only telling people what I read in the herald/ metro a good while ago so sorry if the details arent accurate. I think there are a few companies together there. Anyways, the fella accused had to pay 35K in damages!

End of story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shop_holly

Heya! i wanna share something with all of you today. It's about my experience working in the D7 company(for almost 2months).

Firstly, YES it was advertised in one of the most trusted job finding website (eg. JOB.IE).. this is where my life begin.. i got a phone call one day and a girl asked me to come for an intrview in 27 Capel Street. I passed the intrview and being asked to come for the 2nd intrview. On my 2nd intrview.. the manager brought me to the Ilac Shopping Centre and i had to observe them selling make-ups(Victoria jackson) to the customers. I've also been asked to complete a few questionnaires and after that went back to the office for the 2nd interview. During the intrview, i've been explained on how the payment works.. which is per item that i manage to sell, 50% will go to the Perdm(the main company which me myself never know where it was).. 25% will go to the Manager (who is <SNIP>.. i got a chance to meet her twice..only God know where she is.. and my manager kept telling me she got lots of money.. going to here and there for holiday.. she just bought a car.. just bought an apartment.. don't u feel any suspicious after hearing all of these??)

My first few weeks in the company is pretty good.. I was in the Ilac shopping centre selling the Victoria Jackson make-ups. I was trained everyday by my trainee manager before I went out to the Ilac. I managed to earned €40-€50 per day.. and everything went well UNTIL i was transferred to the field(selling door to door)

OMG... u was sent to almost everywhere around Dublin.. The company DO NOT pay me for the transport.. everything is on me! I had to carry all the make-ups on my bag and it was damn heavy. I had to walk all over the residential areas.. and my feet was killing me.. and the most ridiculous thing happened was when i told my manager that my feet was sore.. she told me i had a bad attitude and the pain was just in my mind. she kept telling me not to think about the pain. OMG.. she's is so ridiculous and sorry to say...she is so stupid!. no wonder why she didn't go to college. I went back to the office earlier that day and took one day off the next day coz i couldn't even walk. i got blisters all over my feet.

when i was transferring into the field.. that when i realized something about the company.
    1) they don't care bout u. if u said ur in pain.. they will say 'everything just in ur mind'... if u said the bag is heavy..they will say 'find ur own solution..go buy a trolley bag'..
    2) when i said i'm tired...it means i lost your attitude.
    3) BITCHING each other in sales. i was showing my make-ups set to one of the customer and suddenly my manager start showing her.. 'here i have a free gift for u'..... wtf???? i was like... what??and it brought to sale. what a 'lucky',bitch.
    4) for the new people.. the manager normally asked u to go door to door without knowing what where they doing. one day i found out that my manager was doing an event and selling all the make-ups by her own in the hospital..obviously it's easy to pitch people there and promote to the hospital's staff as well. and me (the foolish one) was knocking door to door for the whole day (no one open)..and had only 1 sale for that day. the manager even went home early and left me. Every time i text-ed her, she kept telling me she was talking to a girl in the hospital and will join me in a mins. what a BIG LIAR...

i finally quit from the company.. i truly HATE it.. honestly, i would rather advise u not to join this company.. they are just fooling around with people.. and even the make-ups they sell are made from CHINA.. i knew everything about them and please.. i really hope that someone could spread this and please DON'T LET URSELF BEING FOOLED BY THEM..
    here i list our few advantages and disadvantages bout the company as well:

Advantages:
    1) u got money.. €10 per set that u manage to sell
    2) improve your customer service, communication and selling skills.
    3) improve my language (as my 1st language is not english)
    4) trained to be confidence, be attractive and friendly.

Disadvantages:
    1) u are not their employee. in the agreement, u cannot tell anyone that u work for the company.
    2) commission based.. no sales, means no money.
    3) bitch each other in sales. all your colleagues are your competitor and it is not a place to make friends.
    4) have to learn to be innocent and lie to the customers. "we are doing a big promotion...".. "it's only for today"... (which is not true. they sell the make-ups for €35 in the residential area and €50 in the Ilac EVERYDAY!!)
    5) it's a pyramid-like marketing company.. people on top continuously gained money from people at the bottom.

please refer here for more details :
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/Sales-People/D7-Marketing-Solutio/d7-marketing-solution-limited-bf66n.htm

i already saw lots of reports in the internet about this company.. and really hope that someone could bring this up the authority.. coz until when this will continue? and what will happen to the last person they recruit and after all of them become manager??..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lizzyxox08

I worked for this company for 8 months.

what they do is ''fear of loss'' you when you first start, which is make you think that you may not get the job.. then wen you are '' lucky'' enough to be chosen in your Third round interview ( first interview is an interview with one of the managers, second is a day of observation where you shadow one of the sales reps going around door to door,or events) bear in mind the events are only for a 3day period once every few weeks and only a couple of people get chosen for that, the rest of your time is spent going door to door or business to business selling things.

During these interviews they managers are 'qualifying you' which is seeing if your sharp, wopuld you accept these conditions of work, they do these things by asking you certain questions and seeing what way tou react, they see are you confident, are you shy, would you stand up for yourself, what sort of backgroundo you have etc.

there are so much experiences that i and my friends ( friends that i have made in this business who are all great people and who have all left the business ) have had that are unbelievable.

if anybody would like to share their experiences or wants to know any of mine you can let me know!

but please dont be roped into this business.. for your own sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dubliners

Well, I worked in that company (which works together with Protea) for over a year...

I want to tell people that this isn't a scam. People working there do genuinely believe that they will get to management and be as rich as the head manager. I do know a couple of people that got to management and are making ok money as I also know managers that don't make that much money at all...

There's no need to put threads saying that they are stupid, no need to be calling names here...I dare say they are believers or dreammers...

Their selection process is understandable, as they'd never get anyone marketing that they do door to door sales. So they hide this fact until you get to the second round interview. They do that so they can explain that it's not only door to door sales, but that people do have an oportunity to progress within the company. And after that its your choice to stay or leave.

They do lie a lot saying you can get to management and to earn up to 100k on your first management year. I have never seeing that happening, and i can guarantee that doesnt happen in at least 95% of the time.

I feel sorry for people that work there. They have dreams and believe that they will achieve their dreams in no time when working there. I know many people that are not in their country, that never made over 500 euros a week there and that are still there, working 60 or more hours a week, because they trust and believe the manager.

I would never tell people not to work there, as its brilliant as work experience. If you are not stuck for money... If you like sales and dealing with different people it's a brilliant job (or opportunity as they call it).

But if you're thinkin long term, and want a carrear and you're actually educated and have good work experience, don't waste your time there, as most of the managers there are uneducated people, that haven't been to college, do not want to go to college and that wouldn't have a better opportunity in life, that's why they are still there.

PS: The manager (TF) DO make a lot of money! But it took her a good few years to get to that stage... and yes... if she likes you... you will have a much better time working there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FIRELION X

I was working for PERDM anothr marketing pyrmid for 9 months and got to the trainee mgr nearly crew mgr stage,i wanna share wot i no cos i am infuriated by lots of dis-honesty howevr i need more info and would be glad if any 1 cud share there experiences,I would really loved to talk with an ex-owner thanks,here is what i no..........1. They want u and evry1 to believe ur self employed so they dont have 2 pay u minium wage(its 100% commision)and make u work 70 hrs a week,while really they CAN sack u,You have to answer to ur mangr and u cant take time off withou explaintion 2.Who has ever heard of a company who have to train their leaders how to LOCK new people in2 the business to get them to stay,if the oppourtunity is soooo great,meanwile u are giving ur interviewee the same speill u got! 3.For such a world wide best marketing company,why is it that so little is know about them and other reputable companies neavr heard of them! 4.Why is all managers broke I.E tatty old suits,rough accomadation,no car,and evry owner bragging evryday about how rich they are but how we could be too and how they went through the same things funny how all stories simular 5.They feed u all the ingredients for brain washing tell u how great u are,boost ur confidence,BIg motivational speeches make u cling on2 ur dream,make u so ruthless u will do/say anyting 2 any1 just to get 2 management I.E treat ur team like crap,push sales........ any1 anytin 2 add r q's that wud b helpfull i dont want anothr ung grl like me go through being starvin no money to eat and b4 a smart person says it i was brill at sales 5th in the country on leaderboard ervy week!,a family membr on pension supporting her and alone in dif country........oh and yes there is money to be made when u get to the top like VP but the means 2 get there is dis-honest nd lonely and not legit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Allie G

I am the same as Firelion. Worked there for 10 MONTHS! What a fool i feel now. Working 70 hours per week , lost contact with my family and friends, Destroyed my 4 year relationship because i was young and stupid. They give you the spiel about how your such a great asset and how you can earn €3000 a week in 12 months. What a load of crap. I stayed with another girl and 3 guys who worked there. It went to the stage where we didn't eat for 3 or 4 days because we genuinely couldn't afford it. How bad is that between 5 of us we couldn't afford food. I hade to take a few days off for personal reasons and had a long think about it! I left 2 days after and now i'm out of it i see how stupid i was to get involved in the first place! RUN RUN RUN from these companys!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Very dodgy thread, Dubliner has posted defending the Company with his first post and hasn't posted since!? The same applies to Firelion X.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Very dodgy thread, Dubliner has posted defending the Company with his first post and hasn't posted since!? The same applies to Firelion X.

It's not the thread that's dodgy! It's the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Allie G wrote: »
    It's not the thread that's dodgy! It's the company.

Yeah I know that but it's too much of a coincidence that 2 posters who praise the company have only posted once on boards. Never to be heard from again!

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Yeah I know that but it's too much of a coincidence that 2 posters who praise the company have only posted once on boards. Never to be heard from again!

I worked with Firelion! trust me she is far from defending that place. The only prople who defend what they do are the innocent people that are still brainwashed into it. Well that and TF the girl that runs it in Ireland! Did you work there yourself??

I would never praise this company,HELLO did u even read my post properly?????????? I said you make money at the very top but the ways of getting there are exploitation illegit and dishonesty!!! how is that praisin!! I have the experience trust me!! And by the way i check this regularly and your's is the first reply iv more to do with my life then waste my time on this,I've made my experience known and said my piece AND if u look u will c i have asked for any q's or any1 elses experiences so i havnt just rote it and disapeared,Go work for them and go through what i did then come back to me!!!!!!

I would never defended this company,Have u even read my post properly?? The only somewhat decent part i said is you can make money with these companies at the very top but to get to the top you have to go through illegit,dishonest and exploitation!! How is that prasing them! I have the experience I KNOW what im talking about! And by the way i havnt disapeared i check this reguarly and i have more to be doing with my time then this but so far your's is the only reply which i do apreaciate but dont talk about something you havnt experienced! All i wanted 2 do on this is share my experiences and ask for others experience esp ex-owners thanks

FIRELION X wrote: »
    I would never defended this company,Have u even read my post properly?? The only somewhat decent part i said is you can make money with these companies at the very top but to get to the top you have to go through illegit,dishonest and exploitation!! How is that prasing them! I have the experience I KNOW what im talking about! And by the way i havnt disapeared i check this reguarly and i have more to be doing with my time then this but so far your's is the only reply which i do apreaciate but dont talk about something you havnt experienced! All i wanted 2 do on this is share my experiences and ask for others experience esp ex-owners thanks

i doubt very much ur going to get an owner on here girly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dubliners

Hello. I stopped posting because i already gave my opinion. I do not praise the company, I agree to a certain level to the fact that it's a scam but as i have seen people making good money by doing it, I can't just be posting that the thing is a complete scam. I was relieved when I left there and would never go back to anything like it again, as i haven't since.

I understand how people get furious with them, they do make you believe in a lot of lies. But i think that it's your decision to stay or leave, once you've known all the truth about the company, so that's not all their fault but your own too.

I do not work there anymore. I have nothing to do with any of them. And do never wish to be back.

They don't care about you, but about themselves. And honestly, nearly everyone is like that, inside or outside the business.

I don't know what kind of extra thread you'd like to see from me. (FAITH)...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 louiseamd

shop_holly wrote: »
    Heya! i wanna share something with all of you today. It's about my experience working in the D7 company(for almost 2months).

Firstly, YES it was advertised in one of the most trusted job finding website (eg. JOB.IE).. this is where my life begin.. i got a phone call one day and a girl asked me to come for an intrview in 27 Capel Street. I passed the intrview and being asked to come for the 2nd intrview. On my 2nd intrview.. the manager brought me to the Ilac Shopping Centre and i had to observe them selling make-ups(Victoria jackson) to the customers. I've also been asked to complete a few questionnaires and after that went back to the office for the 2nd interview. During the intrview, i've been explained on how the payment works.. which is per item that i manage to sell, 50% will go to the Perdm(the main company which me myself never know where it was).. 25% will go to the Manager (who is <SNIP>.. i got a chance to meet her twice..only God know where she is.. and my manager kept telling me she got lots of money.. going to here and there for holiday.. she just bought a car.. just bought an apartment.. don't u feel any suspicious after hearing all of these??)

My first few weeks in the company is pretty good.. I was in the Ilac shopping centre selling the Victoria Jackson make-ups. I was trained everyday by my trainee manager before I went out to the Ilac. I managed to earned €40-€50 per day.. and everything went well UNTIL i was transferred to the field(selling door to door)

OMG... u was sent to almost everywhere around Dublin.. The company DO NOT pay me for the transport.. everything is on me! I had to carry all the make-ups on my bag and it was damn heavy. I had to walk all over the residential areas.. and my feet was killing me.. and the most ridiculous thing happened was when i told my manager that my feet was sore.. she told me i had a bad attitude and the pain was just in my mind. she kept telling me not to think about the pain. OMG.. she's is so ridiculous and sorry to say...she is so stupid!. no wonder why she didn't go to college. I went back to the office earlier that day and took one day off the next day coz i couldn't even walk. i got blisters all over my feet.

when i was transferring into the field.. that when i realized something about the company.
    1) they don't care bout u. if u said ur in pain.. they will say 'everything just in ur mind'... if u said the bag is heavy..they will say 'find ur own solution..go buy a trolley bag'..
    2) when i said i'm tired...it means i lost your attitude.
    3) BITCHING each other in sales. i was showing my make-ups set to one of the customer and suddenly my manager start showing her.. 'here i have a free gift for u'..... wtf???? i was like... what??and it brought to sale. what a 'lucky',bitch.
    4) for the new people.. the manager normally asked u to go door to door without knowing what where they doing. one day i found out that my manager was doing an event and selling all the make-ups by her own in the hospital..obviously it's easy to pitch people there and promote to the hospital's staff as well. and me (the foolish one) was knocking door to door for the whole day (no one open)..and had only 1 sale for that day. the manager even went home early and left me. Every time i text-ed her, she kept telling me she was talking to a girl in the hospital and will join me in a mins. what a BIG LIAR...

i finally quit from the company.. i truly HATE it.. honestly, i would rather advise u not to join this company.. they are just fooling around with people.. and even the make-ups they sell are made from CHINA.. i knew everything about them and please.. i really hope that someone could spread this and please DON'T LET URSELF BEING FOOLED BY THEM..
    here i list our few advantages and disadvantages bout the company as well:

Advantages:
    1) u got money.. €10 per set that u manage to sell
    2) improve your customer service, communication and selling skills.
    3) improve my language (as my 1st language is not english)
    4) trained to be confidence, be attractive and friendly.

Disadvantages:
    1) u are not their employee. in the agreement, u cannot tell anyone that u work for the company.
    2) commission based.. no sales, means no money.
    3) bitch each other in sales. all your colleagues are your competitor and it is not a place to make friends.
    4) have to learn to be innocent and lie to the customers. "we are doing a big promotion...".. "it's only for today"... (which is not true. they sell the make-ups for €35 in the residential area and €50 in the Ilac EVERYDAY!!)
    5) it's a pyramid-like marketing company.. people on top continuously gained money from people at the bottom.

please refer here for more details :
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/Sales-People/D7-Marketing-Solutio/d7-marketing-solution-limited-bf66n.htm

i already saw lots of reports in the internet about this company.. and really hope that someone could bring this up the authority.. coz until when this will continue? and what will happen to the last person they recruit and after all of them become manager??..

I know what you mean:) You're not alone

• Advertisement
Advertisement