Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible atmosphere at work

Options
  • 12-08-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My boss has been making general comments about my and me colleagues work and how it's not up to scratch and never ready on time when he makes these arbitrary decisions about what clients get what products and keeps us in the dark until the last minute.

He implies that when things aren't ready and we have valid reasons that we are making excuses... lying... when this couldn't be further from the truth. He spends all his time stomping around like we're out to run him out of business.

To think that we work our backsides off for crap money to get that kind of a reception really annoys me and since I'm stuck here for a while, I'd love some advice on how to approach him about it.

I dread going into work in the mornings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Find yourself some assertiveness training.

And read up on personal grievance law (hmm ... may be called something different in this country).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

From now on get everything down in writing, or on PC so that he can't accuse you of lying. The boss sounds like he is becoming dysfunctional under the stress of a failing or struggling business, but he ( or she......) should not be transferring that to you, an ordinary worker, especially as you say you are on "crap money" which probably makes you very junior in the organisation.
    A ver useful device is a timesheet which should show an hour by hour ccount of your time sepnt on each activity in the business so that accusations of "slacking" can be fended off with this data.
    Also if you show yourself to be coherent, organised and able to support your assertion to be working well, the chances are he will shift his attention to less organised, less assertive and easier targets..................

Advertisement