Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community [US] **SPOILERS**

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah and that's the problem with a lot of similar cases; nobody was complaining about it, but executives often remove these things as an over-cautious preventative measure.

There was never an issue with what Chang did in the first D&D episode. I think they even joked in the episode with either Shirley or Troy saying they didn't know if it was racist or not.

Like you said, it's a real shame because not only is it an incredibly funny, unique and imaginative episode, but it has so much heart to it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Community YouTube channel was airing a single episode per week fadó, and even that skipped the D&D episode during the Season 2 run so it's an enduring, across-the-board decision it seems; but of course the YT comments sections are full of people agitating to restore the D&D episode.

Like you said nobody complained about it, and most people understood the context - going double cos Community was always so niche its audience was by default quite plugged-in to these kind of references. It's especially odd too given the current trend is to keep the thing and just slap some text at the front about it maybe being offensive to some. Boom, problem solved.

But when the actual black people on your show are saying "guys, it's not a problem", it's funny how the executive tier just don't listen / care. In of itself not a great look and kinda ironic how her voice and agency isn't heard here in the pursuit to avoid presumed prejudice. No idea if Glover has weighed in on the topic either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok maybe the script isn't so finished after all...

“Community” creator Dan Harmon is inching closer to the finish line for the “movie” portion of his “Six Seasons and a Movie” prophecy.

Following up on former “Community” star Donald Glover’s recent assertion that a script is already in the can, Harmon told Variety that it was almost right. According to Harmon, he’s “almost done” working on the script for the highly-anticipated film, which is set to run on NBCU’s Peacock streaming service.

“I can confirm Donald Glover’s report that I told him the script was done, but I will also say Donald’s sources are so unreliable because the script is always ‘almost done,'” Harmon quipped. “What can I tell you about it — it’s set on the campus of Greendale Community College. I’m super excited about it, and we’re almost done.” 

Booo. In the meantime then, let's enjoy the Best Of of a character who'll hopefully be in the film, and was by far a better "Pearce" than Pearce ever was - Elroy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

In the meantime then, let's enjoy the Best Of of a character who'll hopefully be in the film, and was by far a better "Pearce" than Pearce ever was - Elroy.

Nah, I could never warm to Elroy. And that 'Best of' hasn't changed my mind.

Advertisement