Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community [US] **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah sorry Negative, I googled it (how i usually find if topics are on Boards, will just use the search function in future duh!!) I'm off to the other thread! :pac:

Herrrrooooooooo

Excellent show. Love it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ that search button dosen't work very well!, dunno what's up with it....i can never find what i'm looking for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Community threads merged. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've recently started watching this, and its a damn shame that more people arent watching it. Its brilliant. Was very good at first, and then got better and better. Just watched episode 23 (the paintball one), and it was probably one of the funniest 20 minutes of my life. Absolutly fantastic.

Ya the paintball episode is classic!

Quote from Pierce was hysterical when he was describing the girls in the gang:

Pierce: Medium Boobs, Small Boobs and Black Boobs
    Troy: Am I Black Boobs?

Can't wait for 2nd season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i watched a few episodes of this on 3e very entertaining always was a fan of chevy chase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ew.com wrote:
    Pin-up calendar It Gal Betty White will guest star on the second season premiere of NBC’s Community as Professor June Bauer, “an esteemed, albeit slightly unhinged, anthropology professor.” Perfect. She is kind of already that anyway. Aren’t we all anthropology professors, in a way? Maybe, but most of us don’t have the pressure to beat the life out of CBS’ Big Bang Theory weighing on our 88-year-old anthropology professor shoulders.

Community and Big Bang will go up against each other on Thursday nights. Can Betty ‘n’ Chevy win? And is anyone else even more excited about the near-certainty of Betty White making a cameo on The Soup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,048 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pfft.. sick of Betty White, and this ridiculous fascination with her!

• Advertisement

^ can we post the calendar pics of Betty white??

Bump for this as I watched the entire first season over the last week..

I'm sorry I gave up on it early in the season as it really hit it's stride a few episodes in - from about episode 8 onwards is fantastic. And while I personally think Donald Glover (Troy) is one of the most talented comedically, the whole cast are great.

This is one of the finest shows to lampoon cultural and pop references since 'Spaced'. It's largely very well-written and even Joel McHale grew on me as the season went on.

Although
    the Jeff-Annie kissing cliffhanger did feel a tad hackneyed!
    And I don't know why they brought back John Oliver for the finale.. he's really terrible.

The Paintball and Goodfellas episodes were absolute gold.. the Paintball episode in particular was just superb!

Looking forward to season 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

basquille wrote: »
    Bump for this as I watched the entire first season over the last week..

I'm sorry I gave up on it early in the season as it really hit it's stride a few episodes in - from about episode 8 onwards is fantastic. And while I personally think Donald Glover (Troy) is one of the most talented comedically, the whole cast are great.

This is one of the finest shows to lampoon cultural and pop references since 'Spaced'. It's largely very well-written and even Joel McHale grew on me as the season went on.

Although
    the Jeff-Annie kissing cliffhanger did feel a tad hackneyed!
    And I don't know why they brought back John Oliver for the finale.. he's really terrible.

The Paintball and Goodfellas episodes were absolute gold.. the Paintball episode in particular was just superb!

Looking forward to season 2!

Glad to hear you gave this one a second chance Basquille...
    It really is a fantastic show... Up there with Modern Family in my opinion...

Season 2 kicked off tonight, will you be watching?

Season 2 kicked off tonight, will you be watching?
    Damn straight..

.. definitely one of the best comedies of last year (along with 'Modern Family').

Indeed. Really looking forward to the new season, having re-watched season 1 over the last few weeks. I really love the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'm so glad more people have found this, i knew it would hit if people gave it a chance. I think 3e running it also helped, and as already mentioned, the pop culture refs are so well done.

S02E01 is on its way down the pipe now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Might give this another go as like basq I gave up after the first few episodes which I didn't think were great but looks like it gets much better.

What are viewing figures like? Its in the same time slot as TBBT and whatever you think about TBBT it gets huge viewing figures and I would have thought many of the same type of audience that would watch this show.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Might give this another go as like basq I gave up after the first few episodes which I didn't think were great but looks like it gets much better.
    It becomes SOOOO much better... even just watch the 'Paintball' episode (an episode titled 'Modern Warfare', season 1 episode 23) and if that doesn't change your mind, nothing will! ;)
    opr wrote: »
    What are viewing figures like? Its in the same time slot as TBBT and whatever you think about TBBT it gets huge viewing figures and I would have thought many of the same type of audience that would watch this show.
    I find the writing a lot fresher than on 'TBBT'.. but it's ratings were only adequate last season.

It's not an easy timeslot to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

First episode was hilarious - the contant pisstake of Sh*t My Dad Says was brilliant. Great to see it back. One of my favourite shows of last year.

It becomes SOOOO much better... even just watch the 'Paintball' episode (an episode titled 'Modern Warfare', season 1 episode 23) and if that doesn't change your mind, nothing will! ;)

I find the writing a lot fresher than on 'TBBT'.. but it's ratings were only adequate last season.

It's not an easy timeslot to be fair!

This. In fact I've convinced sone mates to watch on the strength of this ep.

Great season opener tonight. It's becoming so slick and fast, pulling the piss out of it's generic format while at the same time being so obvious about it that you should hate it, but you don't.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Pfft.. sick of Betty White, and this ridiculous fascination with her!

ah no, i thought she was good, mostly cos i ignored most of that snl stuff, anyway its very community to have her there

first ep was hilarious, taking the piss out itself and everyone else.

Fantastic opener..

Loved Abed's commentary on the show and how it should development in season 2! :D

Quick question that's been bugging me... I know the opening sequence with Abed saying 'And we're back' and having the camera pan through the various characters rooms was based on something. And it's something I've seen numerous times, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Anyone know what it is?

This show really has become the finest comedy on the TV, and it's a shame it's ratings are far from stellar. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Quick question that's been bugging me... I know the opening sequence with Abed saying 'And we're back' and having the camera pan through the various characters rooms was based on something. And it's something I've seen numerous times, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Anyone know what it is?
    Wes Anderson films.

Crumbs wrote: »
    Wes Anderson films.
    THAT'S what it was!

Thank you! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

:D

Great season opener... really looking forward to this season!

Chang at the end was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so Brita or Amy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Skerries wrote: »
    so Brita or Amy?

Both, at the same time.

Both, at the same time.

+1 and it's Annie.

"annies boobs could be anywhere right now!"

• Advertisement

Shirley :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't beliave that I watched the first season finale only a couple of months ago and I just cannot remember the most important scene in the whole series
    where Brita has sew with Jeff and announces that she loves him
    . It's doing my head in.

Well
    they had sex in the paintball episode and she told him she loved him at the dance in the last episode
    , it didn't happen all at once.

Tbh I tune Brita out, she's boring

phasers wrote: »

Maybe I'm doing that as well. I couldn't have accidentally not watched two episodes, I'm thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ah Chevy Chase getting away with all the racist remarks. Liked his bedroom with his portrait above the bed :D

I'm glad they made fun of Shít My Dad Says, because I watched this episode of Community right after watching SMDS and it totally deserved what it got and much more ribbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

phasers wrote: »

Didn't they do a whole episode in season 1 acknowledging how boring Brita is? :)

Just got around to watching a bunch of shows over the weekend, Community is easily one of the best returning comedies, loved the whole premiere, unlike the Office (which was pretty dire) and 30 Rock (which wasn't terrible but not great either). Haven't watched any of the new stuff yet, but loved the p*sstake of Sh*t My Dad Says.

I think I missed 10 episodes last season! None of the episode synopses after 13 sound any way familiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I think I missed 10 episodes last season! None of the episode synopses after 13 sound any way familiar.

:eek:!! You need to watch those, the show just kept getting better and better in the later episodes. "Contemporary American Poultry" (episode 21) and "Modern Warfare" (episode 23) in particular are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Excellent start to the new season, Abed, Troy and the golden girl at the end was especially hilarious

Firstly.. how old did Drew Carey look as Jeff's boss?! :eek: And Rob Corddry was a bit wasted!

But secondly.. how funny was that chloroform scene? :D Not to mention Abed and Troy staring at Annie's chest and Troy saying all he heard was the word "suck"

Great stuff as usual!

It's terrible that this is doing so poor in the ratings! :(

Excellent episode as usual. Some excellent scenes, especially the chloroform scene. I'm loving Chang this season as well, with his Golum/Evil laugh moments.

If this gets cancelled, it would be acrying shame. I don't understand how more people aren't watching it. It would be yet another example of how stupid people decide what gets renewed.

The humour is far too intelligent for your average US tv viewer unfortunately, which is why more people aren't watching, and its a crying shame.
    As mentioned the chloroform scene was beyond genius and its about time they started paying more attention to Annie's boobs.
    Annie is far more attractive than Brita anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Drew Carey was he wearing make up? to add to the old wierd law firm owner the noise of the handshakes was worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Kiith wrote: »
    Excellent episode as usual. Some excellent scenes, especially the chloroform scene. I'm loving Chang this season as well, with his Golum/Evil laugh moments.

He's had some great lines so far.
    'Is there any room in your pocket for a little spare Chang?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Why is the only recent thread on this show about the latest American series?

The first series is on TV3 at the mo, and is pure brilliance. For those of us who can't be bothered to download the absolutely up to the minute, hot-off-the-presses episode the current series is great stuff. Set in a community college somewhere in middle america, sharp, sharp dialogue, pop culture references, likeable characters, Chevy Chase, the insane gynaecologist from Knocked Up as an insane Spanish professor, a few cute girls, how can this be the first post about this in five months? Watch it people, do yourselves a favour. (Oh yeah, and cameos last week from Jack Black and one of the Wilson brothers, what's not to like?)

(The scene in the last ep with Jeff and Abed doing The Breakfast Club was priceless, as is everything with the film-obssessed Abed in, as well as Señor Chang)

fisgon wrote: »
    Why is the only recent thread on this show about the latest American series?

The first series is on TV3 at the mo, and is pure brilliance. For those of us who can't be bothered to download the absolutely up to the minute, hot-off-the-presses episode the current series is great stuff. Set in a community college somewhere in middle america, sharp, sharp dialogue, pop culture references, likeable characters, Chevy Chase, the insane gynaecologist from Knocked Up as an insane Spanish professor, a few cute girls, how can this be the first post about this in five months? Watch it people, do yourselves a favour. (Oh yeah, and cameos last week from Jack Black and one of the Wilson brothers, what's not to like?)

(The scene in the last ep with Jeff and Abed doing The Breakfast Club was priceless, as is everything with the film-obssessed Abed in, as well as Señor Chang)

Very confusing post. I guess the people that enjoy it are keen to watch evrey episode they can, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Very confusing post. I guess the people that enjoy it are keen to watch evrey episode they can, no?

Not sure why this is confusing. I was simply wondering why this show is only really being discussed on this forum by those downloading the latest series, when it is being shown on good old terrestrial tv here, and presumably being watched by a greater number of people than are downloading. Where are those viewers who are watching on an old fashioned tv screen? It's funny stuff, and should be talked about...

fisgon wrote: »
    Not sure why this is confusing. I was simply wondering why this show is only really being discussed on this forum by those downloading the latest series, when it is being shown on good old terrestrial tv here, and presumably being watched by a greater number of people than are downloading. Where are those viewers who are watching on an old fashioned tv screen? It's funny stuff, and should be talked about...

Maybe there are more people watching it on old-fashioned TV but those people are probably less likely to discuss it on the internet.

Are TV3 showing it?

Didn't know that, I might rewatch season 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement