Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading to Canon Eos 500d from Eos350d

• 12-08-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    Just looking for some advise.
    I have the 350 d for about 3 years or more now.
    It has done me well.
    I am getting more into photography now and recently borrowed my sisters 1000d.
    I really liked this camera especially the ease of use in regards quickly changing settings.
    So I am going to new york in a month and was thinking of going to B & H and purchasing the 500D.
    The specs are really impressive but do ye guys think it is a big enough jump from the 350 d to warrant the purchase.
    Should I save a bit more to upgrade say to the next level of 40d,50d,60d etc.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Would get a 40d or above if I were you!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Ask yourself

Is the 350D limiting you in your photography in a way that a 500D would improve that?

Would the money for a new body be better spent on some new glass instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

I would suggest going for a 40d (or 50d) instead if you feel like you need a new body. I recently upgraded from a 300d to a 40d and the difference is very noticeable.

I would only bother upgrading to a 500d if you need the video functionality.

Oh, and a newish second hand 40d will be probably be cheaper than a 500d as well ( I paid 500 for mine).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

i went from the 350d to the 50d - after about two years. main reason i upgraded was the screen on the 50d lets me see what my photos are like before uploading to laptop - i hated the 350d screen. also the 50d felt a lot better to hold - i'm a lanky enough git so the 350d always felt like a bit of a toy.

i still use the 350d the odd time (usually if i'm going somewhere i'm worried about damaging the camera) and the end result is just as good as the 50d.

Advertisement