Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does prepay credit last?

• 12-08-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking at using a sim card to send out automated texts from a computer using one of those GSM modems on eBay.

Can anyone tell me when you top up how long does that credit last?
    I remember in the past you could make calls for 6 months and receive calls for 12 months. Is there still restrictions like this on any of the networks?

Also is there any network that would be cheapest/best for what I want to do i.e. send text messages only - which will be rare enough - maybe 2-3 texts a month.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

This post has been deleted.
    At most to two people. so probably the most texts per month might be 6. It will be definitely a low figure. It everything that is being monitored runs smoothly there might not be a text sent for 2/3 months. I must find out how those GSM House Alarms do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

O2 only requires you to make a chargeable call/text/whatever every 6 months. What you're talking about, making calls for 6 months and receiving for 12 months is fior vodafone and they require you to top up

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    O2 only requires you to make a chargeable call/text/whatever every 6 months.
    Thanks for that. So the credit doesnt expire with them then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

axer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. So the credit doesnt expire with them then?

Nope. Here's the term:
    7.3. If you do not Top-up or make a chargeable use of your Account (being a use which results in a reduction of the credit on your Account or use of a pre-purchased Service such as Text Bundles or any other pre-purchased service that O2 may provide from time to time) at least once in any six (6) month period O2 reserves the right to suspend the Service. If your Account is suspended for seven (7) months the Service will be terminated and any credit left on your Account will be forfeited. If, following termination, you become an O2 customer again, you will not be allocated your previous number.
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About+O2/Terms+and+Conditions/Speak+easy/Speak+easy+service

• Advertisement

Advertisement