Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 Radio Propaganda in Ireland - Pat Kenny radio

• 12-08-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

Long shot but just wondering can anyone remember a discussion on radio 1 Pat Kenny show maybe 3 to 4 weeks ago about WW Radio Propaganda shows that were broadcast to Ireland by Irish broadcasters. It was based around the subject of Lord Haw Haw, but in particular, there was a story about Jack O'Reilly who parachuted back into Ireland and was arrested. Would love to hear it again as I missed it.

Have looked through the rte archives but without an exact date, its a bit difficult. If anyone took a particular interest in it and can remember when it was that would be great. Or any other tips to be able to get a recording of it?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Long shot but just wondering can anyone remember a discussion on radio 1 Pat Kenny show maybe 3 to 4 weeks ago about WW Radio Propaganda shows that were broadcast to Ireland by Irish broadcasters. It was based around the subject of Lord Haw Haw, but in particular, there was a story about Jack O'Reilly who parachuted back into Ireland and was arrested. Would love to hear it again as I missed it.

Have looked through the rte archives but without an exact date, its a bit difficult. If anyone took a particular interest in it and can remember when it was that would be great. Or any other tips to be able to get a recording of it?

Cheers

Do you mean John Francis O'Reilly ? He was one of two Abwehr/SD agents parachuted into co clare December 1943 I believe (the other was John Kenny). Not aware of the radio show in question but there are several books that cover those landings, 'Hitlers Irishmen', 'Irish Secrets', the Schellenberg memoirs and a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Morlar wrote: »
    Do you mean John Francis O'Reilly ? He was one of two Abwehr/SD agents parachuted into co clare December 1943 I believe (the other was John Kenny). Not aware of the radio show in question but there are several books that cover those landings, 'Hitlers Irishmen', 'Irish Secrets', the Schellenberg memoirs and a few others.

Hi Morlar,

Yes its John Francis. Would like to hear the radio show aswell but thanks for the tip on the books. I googled a little bit last year and found some book titles alright so will have a look again. cheers morlar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

i wanna hear this programme too :)

Advertisement