Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF IV Competition Round 5

• 12-08-2009 4:53pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Okay I think its time we planned the next competitive meet up for Street Fighter 4 at the XGC.

I'm thinking about either Saturday the 22nd or Saturday the 29th of this month. Starting time of the tournament will be 2:00pm.

Entry fee is set at the same price as last time €15.00.
    (Thats split as a €10.00 entry fee for the competition and that makes up the prize pot while the remaining €5.00 covers casual play and console rental)
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.
    Seeding will be done based on the results of the last tournament at the XGC. (there might be one or two games required between players who finished in a joint position at the last tournament to clarify rankings)

Format would be similar to the last event, a single group stage followed by a double elimination stage. The major difference is that each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and that each set would be best of 3 rounds. This format seems the preference among the players here.

To allow for the extra time these longer matches will need, we will need to start at 2:00pm on the dot and won't wait for late entrants. If its possible to fit a late entrant in after this time the admins will attempt to arrange it but anyone arriving after this time will not be guaranteed a place in the tournament.

Other rules will be as follows, not that I expect some of them to be needed, but just to have the rules laid out just in case.

1. All characters are selectable, even the ones with a stupidly fast roundhouse kick. :D

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is of course permitted. :D

3. In the double elimination phase players may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side the want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

Alright guys let us know what you think. If you want it on another date or if want to open a debate on the format or rules voice your opinions please. Remember majority rule is in effect.

Also time permitting and assuming we get enough players, I was thinking of introducing a team tournament, either a 3v3 or 5v5 between North and South. Nothing at stake but honor. Again opinions on this please.

Finally with Leperkaun being away, I'll need a volunteer to become an admin to help me run this event. So if anyone wants the job let me know.

What date do you want the next competitive meet up on? 29 votes

22nd of August
    0% 0 votes
    29th of August
    34% 10 votes
    Either Date
    13% 4 votes
    Other Date
    51% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is Akuma banned? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sounds good azza! Sign me up. The rules look good (I must keep away from the start button!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll help run it on the day if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Just puting in a vote for the 22nd as I'll be in Germany on the 29th.

I'd hate to miss out but I can understand if others prefere the 29th considering there was a tourney just last weekend.

A team tourney would be great idea too if the lads from Belfast come down again.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I can come on the 22nd. 29th is 100% out.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sounds good if I can get the day off (working both days)

I'll help out with anything that's needed, either on the day or bringing hardrive/unlocking characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'll drop by either day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah I should've mentioned that any day is fine by me. Also, I'm getting a 256mb memory unit soon so I can bring my profile with characters unlocked (no seth yet though!). So that'll be one more xbox machine with full characters.

The XGC allows the use of your own hard drive so anyone who has all characters unlocked, it would be very helpful if you could bring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im ok for either date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

29th would be my preferance. Will bring my memory unit with all unlocks as well.

Maybe add a poll for the date Azza?

22nd
    29th
    Either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

22nd pulleaasee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Either day is ok with me, I think....

Azza did you mean to put other date?

There's still no option for either date?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'll probably make it along to this. Either date suits me. I don't mind lending a hand too if you need it.

I can make either date and as I've already said, I'll help out on the admin side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

Looking forward to this, Azza if you need a hand I can help out just like last time.
    Also would like to see it happen on the 22nd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can't really do either, I am afraid. Exams starting on the 1st of Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Will be in London the 29th, 22nd suits me!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm down with any date, also I'll throw in my hat for help running the event.

I've got all characters unlocked and have Hyper fighting, MvC2 and HDR on my hard drive should be go for a casual section. Which leads me to my next thing, if you'd like, I'll fund the rental of one xbox for casuals but only if you want it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

22nd is a no no.
    29th is maybe maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I've no real preference myself - I plan on going either way. As for the proposed North vs. South match - check out the date of this post of mine from Neo Empire:

http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141442&postcount=11

5th of February? Yep, I called it six months ago! :D

It would have happened last week in Belfast only we had to go and get the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey I'd be very interested in going to this but could someone tell me where this XGC is, is is it in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Ramza wrote: »
    Hey I'd be very interested in going to this but could someone tell me where this XGC is, is is it in Dublin?

Yeah, it's on Lower Liffey St., just beside Ha'penny Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

OK cool 22nd seems good to me. I visit my Da on Saturdays, and I want to see him on the 29th before going back to school so 22nd suits me down to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I should be fine with either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

fine with either :)

Advertisement