Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF IV Competition Round 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Kirby wrote: »
    fine with either :)
    ^this

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, I know I'm not around for this but would it be possible to avoid the 22nd? I was thinking of setting up an online tournament that day on 2DF for 3S and ST.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Can you not move your online tournament to the day after or the weekend after?

The event would loose several attendees if I delayed it a week by the look of the poll so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Either day is fine for me so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Azza wrote: »
    Can you not move your online tournament to the day after or the weekend after?

The event would loose several attendees if I delayed it a week by the look of the poll so far.

I suppose since its an online tournament, there wouldn't be any need for anyone to travel so date would be flexible. Yeah, fair enough. I'll discuss it more in the 2DF/GGPO thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

29th for me as I will be in france on the 22nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Either is grand. Any chance of publishing the rankings list & a mod stickying it?

I won't sticky it as rankings will change from tournament to tournament, so I'll just post up the seedings for the current tournament in the respective thread for each tournaments.

Seedings are as follows for the next competition. (this is mixture of real names and online names)

1. Simon Guilfoyle
    2. Mike Guifoyle
    3. Bush
    4. Sagat06
    5. Kirby/Blag
    7. Dan/Foamymushroom
    9. The Witch/Azza/Leprekuan/Amir
    13. SDoom/Andy/Xinkai/Dark Talent

Just a few things to note, the top 16 from last time are ranked and seeded.
    Everyone else will be randomly drawn unseeded.
    The people who came in joint position will have a quick game to determine the ranking order between them.
    In the event of a no show (Leprekuan, Amir and Dark Talent will not be attending and its unlikely SDoom will be there either the players below them will bump up the ranks accordingly)

So basically Kirby and Blag need to play each other before the competition starts to determine 5th and 6th
    Dan and Foamymushroom to determine 7th and 8th
    The witch and myself to determine 9th and 10th
    Its probably 11th and 12th will be decided between Andy and Xinkai.

The draw works like this 1st and 16th place will be in a group with 2 unseeded players.
    2nd and 15th will be in a group with two unseeded players.
    3rd and 14th will be in a group with two unseeded players.
    4th and 13th etc etc

In the event there is no 16th seed to go into a group with the 1st seed then the group will be made up completely of unseeded players. Dito if there is no 15th seed and so on and so. So its highly likely that the top 4 seeds (possibly more depending on turnout) at this event will entirely avoid all the other seeded players.

Also can all attendees page message there full name please. There was confusion with the use of combined online names and real names and I want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Looks like the 22nd is the fav. Can we make this offcial?
    Don't mean to rush anything but I need to grab the holiday.

Yeah the date of official. Its the 22nd.

• Advertisement

So there was talk of a Eire VS NEire 5v5 at the Neo Empire quals up north last week, but it was at the end of the day and Team XGC had to go :(

So if this match is still going ahead, i ask both teams to make a captain, & select 4 other members off each team for a 5v5 sometime in XGC or QUB sometime soon. To make it fair i'll put in some rules, others can be reccomended & Added as long as thier fair.

RULES:
    1. Joysticks & Pads Allowed
    2. No Characters Banned. (SFHK Akuma is allowed :P)
    3. Only 2 of same character on each team. AKA A Team can't have 3,4 or 5 Sagats)
    4. Xbox 360 Will be the format since i don't think anyone uses a PS3 pad to fight.
    6. Captain's say is final.
    7. Winner stays on.
    8. Best of 5 rounds.

Team XGC (ROI)
    Captain:

Team Neo Empire (NI)
    Captain

Captains will be decided by the team, nobody will just say 'Oh i'll be captain' and thats that. For instance, i won't be taking XGC captaincy just because i posted this thread, i'd want you all to have an opinion and vote.

Oh and most important, NO SPAMMING FIREBALLS, thier sooooo hard to jump over or focus absorb... (That's a joke BTW)

This is just a basic set of rules i'm sure i missed obvious ones, a mod can edit at any time. So anyone up for it?

Sign-Ups
    Xinkai
    K.O Kiki
    Hyuma?
    Kirby?

If we can't decide on 5 and more want to take part we can exdend it to a 7v7 or something to accomodate all that want to join, it's not serious, it's just for the buzz after all!

BREAKING THE SYSTEM!!! Responding to comments aimed at me:
    K.O. KIKI: If i keep on editing the post, then i can respond to comments & not lose the edit function lol.
    Kirby: So should i change it to LOSER stays on instead of WINNER?
    HMUYA: I know Lep will sign up & we both play Ryu, & I wanna play :P 2 Makes it fairer. Besides, i doubt theres people in Ireland that can use the whole card on a tourney level. So this gives players who use the same main the chance to compete. Does that make sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nominating Azza for captain :D

Xinkai, don't forget that you prob can't edit your post if you post in this thread again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xinkai wrote: »
    7. Winner stays on.

Did ya see the Evo exhibition 5v5 tourney? they didn't do winner stays on and it was much better because of it. Basically, losing player gets eliminated and winner goes to the back of his team.

Basically it means that, all ten players get to have atleast one fight....and avoids players not getting to play. You can still Beast a team 5-0, so quality shines through, but it avoids boring matchups where you see the same ryu or sagat 5 matches in a row while the interesting cammy, gen or sakura sits on the side lines with a glum face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think Kirbys right. The winner goes to the back of the line is better then winner stays on especially if it's going to be two teams.

There could also be other teams. Team County - although dublin is maybe(?) the only county that could run an individual team. I'd like to see Team MOD with Doom and Azza beasting on fools

As a last note I think teams should be limited to one of each character.

Couple of things. I don't think the Northern players consider themselves a Neo Empire team. They just post on that websites forums, I think most of them are Dragonslayer members. I'm not sure what would be most appropriate. Also as of yet we don't know how many of them will be attending, so its hard to know what size team tournament it will be(assuming there is time for a team tournament).

The rules suggested seem fair.

What Kirby was suggesting was in the team tournament means the looser goes out like always, but the winner drops to the back of the queue on the team he is on.

When you say Lep will be entering I'm assuming you mean Leprekuan. He won't be attending as he is abroad at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

Me and mike will be heading down, might be another guy going with us. As for a 5v5 we'll talk about it when we're down, but for sure we don't consider ourselves a Neo empire team.

Why the topic was moved i have no idea, i didn't mean lets have the tournament rushed out and held next week, give it time, let the teams get together, let everyone solidify a date when they can come down, & hold it then. So i'll leave Team NI to decide thier own team name, but i'm guessing that republicans will call ourselves Team XGC lol.

The reason is was moved is because the topic was already brought up in the first post of this thread. No point have two threads discussing the same thing.

There been talk of such a competition for a while now. I think most would be in favor of such an event and if the time permits it I don't see why we can't run it at the regular XGC events. If its not practical time wise, then we can look into hosting a separate event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do we have enough for "Team Doesn't Have The Game!"?

EDIT: I've not seen Azza play, but everyone says he's one of the top XGC players, so I reckon he's a cert.

Kirby is a must for me too.
    A-Trak is damn good too.
    TheWitch should be on the team on merit due to his performance up north.

After that it's a toss up between several people for the last place. I'm currently not good enough to represent the East Coast yet!

How about "Team Don't Got Game"?
    It will be me & Retr0, and we will be pwned into the ground. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd enjoy playing in this if it happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

HMUYA wrote: »
    As a last note I think teams should be limited to one of each character.

That would rule out azza/blag!! A dangerous move!

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Would love to offer people hours of amusement by attempting to represent a team with mah KeyBoard Boxer, but no, I'll save everyone a belly-ache and wait to watch the Stream/Movies that these tournies (hopefully) will offer.

Not likely I'd ever get to attend any planned SF4 things but it'd be nice to see the recordings, if thats going to happen.

Why wouldn't you be able to attend?

He plays on keyboard.
    Though having said that...
    Sanwa make square buttons...

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Plenty of things going on down here in Galway, not had as much free-time as I would have liked - The keyboard comment was more of an amusing statement, really. I never have played with Pad/Stick in SF4 and the transition between them is pretty extensive, so it's not like (if I could go) I could just borrow/buy a Pad/Stick and it'd be all gravy - Would take a long time to re-adapt and, as said, I wouldn't think of strolling on down there with a Keyboard and expect to be taken seriously ;)

I don't think I'll be buying any square buttons for it, either, I'm strictly fun/casual ^^

Hope the tourny goes well, though - It's nice to know that these things do happen over here.

I think I do alright, but not tourney potential.

I think you're overestimating the skill level of our scene at the moment!

Fair enough. I'm sure we will record as much as possible. Hopefully someone will bring the plug for their camera so it doesn't go dead this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Hopefully someone will bring the plug for their camera so it doesn't go dead this time.

Tell me about! Kids these days, no common sense! :p

My camera never dies! :)

Yeah but the picture quality will only come out okay if you film an old CRT.

Get with the times man, get with the times!

• Advertisement

Yeah but the picture quality will only come out okay if you film an old CRT.

Get with the times man, get with the times!
    Au contraire

Advertisement