Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF IV Competition Round 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 VDecK

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Words

Actually I'd agree in saying that you're underestimating how good you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Would prefer the 22nd but can do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

So what went wrong with the footage from Belfast then?

Also, you need to put that playlist in the proper order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not really, I'm undermining myself.
    The way I see it, I don't feel it'd be worth someone of my low-calibre joining in such things, even if they where casual or 'not trying to be some super-serious / professional tournament'.

Throw in the fact that I've never played the game above 15-30FPS and only ever used Keyboard isn't very encouraging either as it takes a lot of adaptation and something I have no way of practicing for, if you where to throw me on a console and chuck me a pad or stick.

I just don't feel I have the time at the moment, and if I did, I don't think I could bare a trip to Dublin to enter something that'll probably chew me up and spit me out, even if it is/was made to be a simple fun tournament :pac:

Do hope it goes well, though, and I'm also hopeful that people don't forget to record the fights - Would be nice to see how everyone plays. I'm just trying to support it in my own little way, even if I wont get a chance to attend.

You have to be better than me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ima well up for this always am!.. Only tourny I can find where Akuma isnt band lol!

Plus well interested in the 4v4 or 5v5 South vs. North :P some crack that would be!
    and I would imagine KO, is recording again? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Won't be able to make the 22nd.
    Good luck guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ima well up for this always am!.. Only tourny I can find where Akuma isnt band lol!

Are they banning Akuma now in SFIV? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No, it's just a reference (I presume) to the silly Gaelcon ruleset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

A-Trak wrote: »
    Won't be able to make the 22nd.
    Good luck guys.

I should say "that's a pity :(" but inside I'm delighted I don't have to face your honda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I haven't seen anybody else sign up for the 5v5 since it got moved into this thread. But when i made the thread 2 people had igned up within 10 minutes. Azza i really think you should make it a seperate thread again otherwise it's just dead ideas tbh.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I doubt the north versus south team tournament it will go ahead as there is only two attendees coming down from the north. We can always have a couple of Irish teams play each other assuming there is time.

As I said I already brought up the topic in the very first thread of this post and the topic has been discussed at previous XGC events and at Dramatic Battle, if there is demand at the event we can sort teams out and play. We can also discuss weather people who want a team tournament would prefer for it to be held on a separate date or at the same time as the regular competitions.

There is no need for a thread covering the same topics, nor will the idea die off as people have been aware of the idea for some time before either thread was posted.

FoamyMushroom also expressed an interesting in taking part in the team tournament so to say no one else has expressed an interest since the thread was moved is not true. I have also been in discussion with other people via msn about it since the thread was made, they know about the topic they just have not signed up. If there is a team tournament I know several players who would want to play together and agree among themselves who is in their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

your a silly man azza ok you sort it out then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Lads, can we keep moderator discussion off this forum. You can take it to PM or if that doesn't work you can do it on Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Would take a long time to re-adapt and, as said, I wouldn't think of strolling on down there with a Keyboard and expect to be taken seriously ;)

This is how I feel with a PS3 pad lol. Thing is they're not allowed play the PC version anyway for some reason. But you should come some time and me and you can be the none sticking using, PS3 rejects :p The keyboard could be hooked up the ps3 right?

Should come to one of the casuals, at least thats what I plan to do, don't think I'm good enough to be going to a tourny my 1st time going.

There are other pad users who play in the XGC meetups (360 anyway, not sure about PS3).

And there'll be casual games going on alongside the tournament I'm sure, shouldn't stop you from dropping in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you have a PS2 pad, you can borrow my converter to use it to play on 360.

Unless you're playing me of course!

Pop along anyway Cunny you don't have to play. You could just pay for casuals either and not enter the tournament. Only cost you a fiver if you do that.

Your out of excuses.....come along and you will get to put names to faces. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    This is how I feel with a PS3 pad lol. Thing is they're not allowed play the PC version anyway for some reason. But you should come some time and me and you can be the none sticking using, PS3 rejects :p The keyboard could be hooked up the ps3 right?

Should come to one of the casuals, at least thats what I plan to do, don't think I'm good enough to be going to a tourny my 1st time going.

You should go anyway. It'll be a bit of craic by the looks of it and there's no practice like real world play. Hell, I doubt if I'll even gonna qualify for the tournie but can only try :D
    Also you get to play against exotic characters like Bison, Balrog, Viper and Dhalsim. Rather than the online army of Ryu, Ken et al. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Azza wrote: »
    I doubt the north versus south team tournament it will go ahead as there is only two attendees coming down from the north.

Just thought I'd mention that I'll be coming, as might Roogle (some of you will have met him at Dramatic Battle) so that'll be at least three, assuming Dan and Mike show up.

Cool nice to have new faces :D

I was talking to Dan and he thought only himself and Mike where going but glad to have more.

Yeah I might pop in if theres some casuals. I'm also interested to see what an arcade stick is like (I've never even layed hands on one, or saw someone use one in rl) These days I'm feeling like I've hit a wall with the pad.

Creature wrote: »
    Also you get to play against exotic characters like Bison, Balrog, Viper and Dhalsim.

lol bar viper, I hate playing against those guys, gimmie an army of sagats any day over 'em :p

If you have a PS2 pad, you can borrow my converter to use it to play on 360.

Unless you're playing me of course!

You play on your 360 with a ps2 pad? I have a ps1 pad, I understand you guys play 3s there sometimes? I wouldnt be able to play it at all without a ps pad.

Pity I couldnt just bring in my laptop and we play it from that, ah well.

He has a PS2-360 convertor. And you could bring in a laptop and play from that too I guess, 360 and PS3 sticks would plug in fine to it!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    you could bring in a laptop and play from that too I guess, 360 and PS3 sticks would plug in fine to it!

:eek: I thought that wasn't allowed? Hell if I had the PC version of sf4 (which I will soon) I could install that on my lappy too and bring that to future events.

What isn't allowed is playing SF IV on the PC's that are in the premises downstairs. The PC's are kept separate from consoles.

As for bring in a laptop, we could ask them, if we could bring a laptop up and hook it up to a TV. We would still have to pay the normal rate because you are taking up spaces though. It is a business after all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Azza wrote: »
    bring a laptop up and hook it up to a TV. We would still have to pay the normal rate because you are taking up spaces though. It is a business after all

...... Why would ya do that? Play it off the laptop. It would cost nothing then. most laptops nowadays are over 17 inches sceen so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Cause they probably wouldn't let us do otherwise? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Thats like bringing your own food to a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Analogies are funny things.

We bring our own sticks to play with. Would that be like bringing your own cutlery to a resteraunt so? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bringing a laptop is a stupid idea. Cunny-Funt is just running out of excuses.