Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF IV Competition Round 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Cunny-Funt is just running out of excuses.

If I hadn't actually played against cunny-funt on the PS3 I would of thought he's a bot, programmed to post "I think I'll be able to make this one" whenever a meet is arranged... but then to post "sorry won't be able to make it because <insert random excuse>" a day or a few hours before the meet :D

Seriously though cunny, just pop in, even for just a few casuals. I mean I go and you know how bad I am :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And I'm worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

And I don't even have the game or a console!

€299 PS3 Slim will solve that soon enough though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get a 360 you fool!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Get a Wi....eerrr a PC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im gonna pwn u all and be the new Azza

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get an arcade machine, it only costs €12'000! :pac:

Get a 360 you fool!

I want a console that isn't likely to break every five minutes.

I also like free online play and the PSN store.

A blu-ray player is an added bonus.

Most 360 exclusives are FPS games that I don't play anyway so that's not an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Bringing a laptop is a stupid idea.

Why? I wouldn't mind paying still, it would mean people can play 3rd strike using (OMG) whatever damn controller they want (right?) I hear theres lag on the console version of 3s also. & finally it could potentially run SF4 too. As well as all those other Street fighters that have been emulated.

I'd pay even if I didn't hook it up to a screen, as far as I'm concerned I'm paying for using their space. Its not about being cheap its about getting around ****ty console limitations.

I'm a lazy bollocks anyways and I probably won't be arsed bringing my laptop my 1st time going but It'd piss me off if I wasn't 'allowed' do it.

@ chopperbyrne, I bought a ps3 just for streetfighter 4 lol.

I doubt they'd have a problem, as long as you don't plug anything out or kill their internet (and pay them to be there).
    Also yes, 3S on 360 is horrid: Hugo's stage has an audio bug, and the game crawls if anyone jumps/is launched high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    I should say "that's a pity :(" but inside I'm delighted I don't have to face your honda :D

Oh A-Trak you crafty genius, you haven't gone and done some crazy insider dealing with the mrs and work allowing yourself to attend the tourney have you? Have You?

Why yes, yes I have:D

^ :D

Honda will be represented so.

What's next, Doom skipping exam prep work for this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

A-Trak wrote: »
    Oh A-Trak you crafty genius, you haven't gone and done some crazy insider dealing with the mrs and work allowing yourself to attend the tourney have you? Have You?

Why yes, yes I have:D

Did I say that?! I think someone logged in as me and posted that comment :p

I'm glad you're coming but if I get drawn with you in the group stage I smell something fishy!

Also, don't forget my jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Can we get this guy to commentate on saturday?

Yipes
    Yipes2

We do need someone to commentate on our matches.
    Someone who has experience.
    Someone who can trashtalk with the best of them.
    Someone who isn't me, cursing every 5seconds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I can see it now "...and up next we have leimrod with Akuma, and... FIGHT!!!. Straight out of the gate from leimrod, jump back air fireball... he's like that guy who always picks rock in rock-paper-scissors, he knows if he uses the same thing often enough somebody is bound to eventually fall for it. Already he's down to 20% health, wait for it...and... random demon!!! and it... misses. leimrod is OUT!!!"

I think you should play HDRemix, it would suit your style well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

What time are we to meet for this?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Someone who has experience.
    Someone who can trashtalk with the best of them.
    Someone who isn't me, cursing every 5seconds :D

I'd like to do it but the highlighted part is what will put me out of contention. Everything would be bull****.

Not sure I'm going to make this, sorry guys. If I can I'll try and pop down to get a kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Starts at 2, I'm sure some people will be in earlier than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'll try to be in for 12:30-1:00.

As per Azza's first post, try to be in BEFORE 2pm to allow plenty of time for setting up, etc.
    I'll try to be there for 1pm myself.

What happens if you turn up after 2?

<_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    What happens if you turn up after 2?

<_<

>_>

You get shown the door

:eek:

Ouch so much for a friendly gathering of SF fans then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you're only playing the casuals that'll be going on alongside the tourney that's fine, presumably bush thought you wanted to enter the tournament late which obviously you couldn't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I was only joking, sure i was late last time:D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Make sure you show up cunny at some stage I want to put a face to the person I spent alot of last night introducing Ryu's face to Bisons roundhouse kick :D

• Advertisement

Yeah phew thats grand then. If I am on time I might join the tourney but I'm mainly going to just play some SF with you guys in RL, tourney or not tourney as its my 1st time and I'm no pro player.

I'm really happy about things have turned out here, I mean with the fighting game section/irish fight game community thing. A year ago I wouldnt have pictured this at all, it felt like I was one of the few handful or irish guys into street fighter or who knew that 3rd strike even existed. Things seemed to have turned out so much better then expected once we finally got our forum. I'm...I'm so happy...

*wipes tear from eye.

Feckin hayfever!!! :mad:

Advertisement