Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF IV Competition Round 5

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ha ha Blag is to be forever shunned as an outsider no matter where he goes now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Kirby wrote: »
    Force of habbit tbh. :p Even when I'm playing at home on my own, I'm constantly chattering to myself, "Oh, that was an accident", "Didn't mean to do that" "Oh, that was a nice combo" etc.

It's just what I do... and to be fair, I do it whether I'm winning or losing. If its irritating to people I'll try and keep it in check but whats the point in showing up to real life tourney's if people talking is annoying to a person. Isn't that the point of meeting up instead of playing online? the atmosphere? the chat?

Kirby relax, I found your 'commentating' refreshing and I actually envied your ability to stay calm.
    VDecK wrote: »
    No problem, I'll be sure to let you know next time.

Damn shame to see this kinda attitude cropping up, a damn shame.
    bush wrote: »
    If I acted the way I do when im playing at home online I would be thrown out :pac:

I hear that! I tell yea, sometimes...angry german kid aint got **** on me. I've no issue with losing. I get pissed off at myself generally for whiffing moves or whatever. I could win, and still be pissed off if the commands I tried to enter didn't come out or whatever. I'm a clumsy player who gets pissed when I **** up, so yeah I eventually lose my cool cause ****ing up is gonna happen.

I'd be worried that if I was playing someone in RL and say I messed up, I might go "****ing IDIOT" on reaction and the guy might think I'm talking about him when I'm actually talking about myself. Very embarrassing. Think I should start doing some yoga meditations before my matches hehe :o :pac: Be more like Kriby :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Damn shame to see this kinda attitude cropping up, a damn shame.

Cunny lets just leave it as a heat of the moment thing that happens at real life events. I think everyone here will agree that sometimes playing games you can just get frustrated and let things slip. Being condescending to another person only inflames trivial arguments, so lets let it rest.

Roger that, didn't mean to come off as condescending I just meant ... I just, well it would just be disappointing to see 'personal issues' or grudges popping up in the community is all. I totally understand the heat of the moment stuff, as I said earlier, adrenaline etc etc After the adrenalines died down though it'd be nice to see more of a 'GGs m8' attitude though, but I'll say nothing more on the matter.

Angry German kid signing out :p:o

VDeck was a sound bloke himself. He was willing to go through arcade mode to unlock Rose, but nobody knew what character unlocked her so I just used Honda instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Heat of the moment stuff lads.
    VDeck certainly didn't 'skulk away and whispering in a corners like an old lady.'
    He said it on the floor literally seconds after the match, I heard it my self.

As you said yourself Kirby, you can appreciate that your in game commentary could piss someone off.

As someone whos been on the receiving end of many, many beatings from your 'sim, whilst having my mistakes commented on by yourself, I've never got pissed off as I know thats just how you play and it was casuals.

VDeck hadn't, and he'd just lost, and there was money on the line.

Shouldn't be any bad blood here lads.
    Heat of the moment stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

console nabs and their emotions
    get back to xbox live
    :D

VDeck was a sound bloke himself. He was willing to go through arcade mode to unlock Rose, but nobody knew what character unlocked her so I just used Honda instead.

BISSSSSSSSSSONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Ha ha Blag is to be forever shunned as an outsider no matter where he goes now!

I am transient.For any potential future team battles I will represent myself.Me Vs North Vs South.:pac:
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    BISSSSSSSSSSONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!:pac:

Isn't the story that she's the good half of Bisons soul,or some other nonsensical BS.Must be why Azza plays her too,keeps him balanced.

• Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

Jazzy wrote:
    console nabs and their emotions
    get back to xbox live

Jazzy nab and his fear of getting beaten by Ret0gamer.
    go back to being pwned by CM at UT2004 you noob!
    :D

• Advertisement

Just keep checking this forum for details of the next one. Think we decided that one every six weeks is probably for the best.

We should have vids up some time during the week. Again, just keep checking here.

Also check the casual meetup thread as those are more regular if your friend wants to turn up and meet a few people in a less competitive environment.

The more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What are you talking about?
    We call "fvcking bullsh*t!!" all the time. Or maybe that's just me.

Hey Sabre, can we have my match vs Dreddy's Zangief soon, please? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yreval wrote: »
    OK then...

I'm quite disappointed to only have got joint 9th but I had some pretty good games, especially my victories over The Witch and HMUYA (that had to be the most anticlimactic match of the day - after two tense, closely-fought sets I almost double-perfect him in the third. Can't wait to see that on YouTube).

That was a good game until that last set. I whiffed a few things at the end of the second set and that combined with your dizzy combos to throw me off my game completely. Congratz.

Everybody needs to stop being reasonable. Let's build the hype between VDeck and Kirby. This needs some vicious rumours about who said what about whos mother! :eek:

Advertisement