Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to a new Area - Help needed

Options
  • 12-08-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

So I am moving to a new area and I have already checked with my first (Irish Broadband) and I have been told that, at the moment, there is no connection available for me of the type I want.

I am looking for a 4 meg or faster connection with no download limits.
    I am moving to Slademore in Dublin 13 (off Malahide road between UCI and Clairehall).

I currently have Smart (as this place does not have coverage by IBB also) and have been quite happy with them up until recently as they have started harassing me about my downloads and uploads.

Can anyone recommend anyone that will provide a reliable connection and who has no download limits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

There's not many providers with no limit.

IBB only has no limit on their fixed wireless nowadays. Beyond that Smart or Magnet will be your only options, I believe.

Pretty much every other ISP supplying around Dublin will have a cap.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

NTL have no limit, but the fair use is 250GB. If you're going over that in a month, you're probably breaking a few hundred copyright laws anyway so I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

sdonn wrote: »
    NTL have no limit, but the fair use is 250GB. If you're going over that in a month, you're probably breaking a few hundred copyright laws anyway so I wouldn't worry.

If Smart is giving him hassle over his usage he is over that, you can be assured of it.

/M

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Hi Guys,

So I am moving to a new area and I have already checked with my first (Irish Broadband) and I have been told that, at the moment, there is no connection available for me of the type I want.

I am looking for a 4 meg or faster connection with no download limits.
    I am moving to Slademore in Dublin 13 (off Malahide road between UCI and Clairehall).

I currently have Smart (as this place does not have coverage by IBB also) and have been quite happy with them up until recently as they have started harassing me about my downloads and uploads.

Can anyone recommend anyone that will provide a reliable connection and who has no download limits?

We are available in the vast majority of areas in Dublin 13. We have a fair usage policy also, to date we have never throttled or charged customers for large download amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

How long does it normally take for a Magnet customer to get connected?

btw, while I do download stuff I probably should not from time to time a large bulk of what I download comes from some of the work I do. I am a Alpha tester for some games companies which means I normally download 3-5 possibly more builds a month and when I am doing various projects at the same time.... Some times it adds up

• Advertisement
Advertisement