Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT To Reveal Half Life 2: Episode 3 Information Thursday?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 5:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Now, what sort of information we will get still remains a mystery . . . watch the promo here.

Its possible Gabe will say very little to nothing on the subject. Bah.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

About ****in time.

And also, **** YA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

"So Gabe, how about Episode 3? How's that coming along?"

"Oh great, it's going to be lots of fun. It's not done yet"

<ending credit music>

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ah but seriously, hopefully some actual news. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

fix CSS you git Gabe =[

looking forward to ep3 and portal 2 though

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The First rule of games is, You Don't Wait Eagerly For A Valve Game.

The Second rule of games is, You Don't Wait Eagerly For A Valve Game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

fix CSS you git Gabe =[

looking forward to ep3 and portal 2 though

play 1.6 nab

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I loved 1.6! Never got into the source version.
    Come on episode 3. Any news is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Now, what sort of information we will get still remains a mystery . . . watch the promo here.

Its possible Gabe will say very little to nothing on the subject. Bah.

Yeah I can see how this is going to go ...

"We ask Gabe about HL Episode 3 and he tells us feck all! Stay tuned!!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Wicknight wrote: »
    Yeah I can see how this is going to go ...

"We ask Gabe about HL Episode 3 and he tells us feck all! Stay tuned!!"

We must show some hope!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Who takes longer to release games Valve or Blizzard?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm ok with waiting for both of them to release their games. At least they dont realease buggy messes, like so many developers these days. They take their time, iron out most/all problems, and release quality games.

That being said, I wish they'd hurry the hell up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

silvine wrote: »
    Who takes longer to release games Valve or Blizzard?
    Valve. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

fix CSS you git Gabe =[

And fix eircoms ****e ping when you are at it!
    Ya bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mmmmm......HEV goodness. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

?

The latest news I have was Valve is learning Sign Language for some key character animations in the game. Other than that, I need links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Cos Alyx knows sign language

is Alyx in all the HL2 episodes so far? I'm a noob to HL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Cos Alyx knows sign language

is Alyx in all the HL2 episodes so far? I'm a noob to HL

Yep, she has become a pretty central character of the Half Life series now.

Something big is coming? . . .
    Get the inside scoop on Left 4 Dead 2, new Left 4 Dead DLC and much, much more tonight on GTTV!

Tonight's revealing episode of GameTrailers TV takes viewers inside Valve as we showcase brand new Left 4 Dead 2 footage, including a never-before-seen campaign that's quite literally a carnival of zombie action! We also deliver detailed information and new gameplay footage from Left 4 Dead's upcoming DLC - Crash Course, find out about the future of the Team Fortress 2 short films and the possibility of a TF 2 comic book, and host Geoff Keighley unleashes a flurry of Twitter user-questions on Gabe Newell. Find out about Valve's distance from the PS3, the progress of Half Life 2: Episode 3, Counter-Strike 2, and a whole lot more!

All of that and more is going down tonight at 12:30am ET/PT on Spike and you can catch the show after it airs on GameTrailers.com in glorious HD.

Check out this week's promo:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-220-gametrailers-tv/54082

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2735/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Any idea on what the news might be Sierra?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well as far as i know there's literally only two pieces of info released about episode3:
    - a piece of concept art
    - that sign language may feature, possibly involving a new character (though probably another ex Black Mesa employee)

So any news will automatically trump those existing two nuggets :D

As far as I am aware, that concept art isn't even official, in that, Valve did not produce it, it was a winning entry by some Joe Soap to some sort of competition a good while back. It is widely circulated though.
    I could be wrong wrong wrong here though.

So actually, apart from the sign language, that's all the info that's available I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/67?ch=4&sd=1

"I really dont have anything to say about Episode 3 right about now" [...] "Yes of course we are working on Episode 3"

Gabe Newell officially confirms that he doesn't want to talk about Episode 3, beyond that they're working on it. Fvck's sake, what a waste of time.

Oh my God. Why even mention episode 3 at all in that or the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Some great Left 4 Dead 2 footage... but having been teased Episode 3 that was a big let down, these guys know how to attract viewers.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

pixelburp wrote: »
    http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/67?ch=4&sd=1

"I really dont have anything to say about Episode 3 right about now" [...] "Yes of course we are working on Episode 3"

Gabe Newell officially confirms that he doesn't want to talk about Episode 3, beyond that they're working on it. Fvck's sake, what a waste of time.

I had to laugh when I watched that. Like I didn't see that coming. From what he said, I think we'll see Portal 2 before the next HL.

I can't say I really care all that much. Whatever Valve decide to do next, it will be brilliant, as usual.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Overheal wrote: »
    The First rule of games is, You Don't Wait Eagerly For A Valve Game.

The Second rule of games is, You Don't Wait Eagerly For A Valve Game.

As above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I have a feeling we shall be seeing Duke Nukem Forever before a new counter strike.

Burgo wrote: »
    I have a feeling we shall be seeing Duke Nukem Forever before a new counter strike.
    Do we need a new counterstrike? Not being a WUM, I'm kinda curious; I haven't played it since 3rd year in college (oh GOD that's 7 years ago), but surely it's success was a simple game well-executed. I can't see what they could do beyond a graphical upgade - which it got, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

No there is no need for a new cs,but i daresay if a new one was released a lot of people would be parted from their money :pac: bug fixes and the like would be welcome for css as it stands.

Maximilian wrote: »
    I had to laugh when I watched that. Like I didn't see that coming. From what he said, I think we'll see Portal 2 before the next HL.

I can't say I really care all that much. Whatever Valve decide to do next, it will be brilliant, as usual.

I expect Portal 2 and Episode 3 will be released in tandem.

• Advertisement

Btw, there was one bombshell worth noting from the video; Newell confirmed that they are working on a TF2 comic, and talked about TV shows as well. Colour me intrigued!

Advertisement