Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT To Reveal Half Life 2: Episode 3 Information Thursday?

Options
13»

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

thebman wrote: »
    Well I'll buy it no matter what.

I think they'll lose many of the 360 users who bought the orange box if they release it the same as the games in that box.

Orange Box only really sold well on 360 because of the value factor IMO. I could see many people just ignoring EP3 that might buy it with an overhaul.

I agree with pretty much everything you guys say but Valve have to worry about everyone else. Many people buy games such as Prince of Persia 2 without having the original. People do that. I mean I have Killzone 2 but I don't have Killzone.

The plot is far more important in HL though. I mean the plot of PoP was basically: Persian guy goes to rescue girlfriend. Encounters difficulty. Killzone, well I dunno, it's probably: Man enters area designated for homicidal activity. Encounters moderate difficulty. I never played it.

I have a feeling Valve will make some serious upgrades for Ep. 3. It wouldn't make sense for them not to. The art style will presumably remain the same, so I don't think it would be out of place in the context of the previous games. Come to think of it, HL is basically: Man makes mistake in laboratory. Encounters prolonged difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maximilian wrote: »
    I have a feeling Valve will make some serious upgrades for Ep. 3. It wouldn't make sense for them not to. The art style will presumably remain the same, so I don't think it would be out of place in the context of the previous games. Come to think of it, HL is basically: Man makes mistake in laboratory. Encounters prolonged difficulty.

Half Life has a plot?

I assumed it was go where the game lets you , if it moves it kill it, if it talks to you try to kill it for the rest of the boring conversation. :confused:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Half Life has a plot?

I assumed it was go where the game lets you , if it moves it kill it, if it talks to you try to kill it for the rest of the boring conversation. :confused:

You're just annoyed that there's no tanks in it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Maximilian wrote: »
    The plot is far more important in HL though. I mean the plot of PoP was basically: Persian guy goes to rescue girlfriend. Encounters difficulty. Killzone, well I dunno, it's probably: Man enters area designated for homicidal activity. Encounters moderate difficulty. I never played it.

I agree it has more story than those games but you could just hop into any of the HL games and enjoy them same as those games.

Valve presumably wants to maximise the number of people going to purchase the game. I think an engine overall would be required to do that at this stage.

I'd prefer if they didn't, I game on my laptop which can run the current source games full everything (lower anti-aliasing I think) so it would suit me if they didn't :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Don't forget that for Episode 1 & 2, Valve made updates to the Source engine already (I can't recall the specifics, but they were there), so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that they overhaul the engine for Episode 3. It also doesn't stretch credence to suggest that were they to overhaul the engine, that they lump in episodes 1 & 2 to fatten the pot

• Advertisement

thebman wrote: »
    I agree it has more story than those games but you could just hop into any of the HL games and enjoy them same as those games.

Valve presumably wants to maximise the number of people going to purchase the game. I think an engine overall would be required to do that at this stage.

I'd prefer if they didn't, I game on my laptop which can run the current source games full everything (lower anti-aliasing I think) so it would suit me if they didn't :D

Well what I was thinking was that the source engine has already advanced. Having now seen that cinematic Mod, it's quite clear that it can look so much better - and that's just modders. Valve are hardly going to make it look worse so it "fits in". I think when the game is eventually released it's going to be with all new Source engine widgets and will be something of a showcase. We should all have a bet on it. I bet 5 internets.

Advertisement