Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike parking beside Penneys - gone

• 12-08-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

Went to park there the other day, the one beside Penneys just off O'Connells street is gone. Does this mean we can park back on O'Connell street again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I still park on oconnell street. Never stopped. Maybe Im just jammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

you on about limerick or dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Dublin I presume - they have that area all kitted out for the rent-a-bicycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Dubland - Princes Street, beside the GPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Nodster wrote: »
    Dubland - Princes Street, beside the GPO
    A "friend" of mine parked in the taxi rank there yesterday evening for 10 minutes whilst visiting the GPO.

They told me that for some strange reason the rank only had 1 taxi in it and the main one had taxi's double parked queuing for fares.

¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Talking about Dublin here. Those tourist bicycle things are there now.
    I'm guessing that the sign on o'connell street saying "no motorcycles" is gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Quint wrote: »
    Talking about Dublin here. Those tourist bicycle things are there now.
    I'm guessing that the sign on o'connell street saying "no motorcycles" is gone now.

Nobody gave a sh!t when it was there. I never heard of anyone getting clamped or removed for parking in the median section.

It was a bit silly to put the sign up in the first place. That area has been unofficially a traditional place to park for bikers coming into the city for decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

KTRIC wrote: »
    Nobody gave a sh!t when it was there. I never heard of anyone getting clamped or removed for parking in the median section.

It was a bit silly to put the sign up in the first place. That area has been unofficially a traditional place to park for bikers coming into the city for decades.

Yeah, it was funny when the official bike parking area had room for about 4 bikes! Did the council seriously expect all the bikes from o'connell street to fit there?
    It's good to see these bike parking areas going, it means we have a licence to park anywhere again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Never liked that spot, too many little scumbags hanging round that Penneys door. Hamster whirling around his little wheel in their head trying to figure out whether a bike alarm can be heard over the sound of a Spanish student screaming his back pack has been nicked.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

KTRIC wrote: »

I got a parking ticket for parking on the median a good few years ago. The reg was wrong on the ticket. I then told the wargen that he was only a bo**ix for placing a ticket on a motorbike, he then told me he would see me in court. I never heard about it again. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement