Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Soccer Gambling Superthread [may contain scores]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Villain wrote: »
    He is expected to start and I would never lay a striker on his debut, how many times have you seen players score on their debut

Not Tevez anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well imo Tevez isn't as much and out and out goal scoring striker as Santa Cruz is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah I layed Tevez not Santa Cruz, much better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Villain wrote: »
    Well imo Tevez isn't as much and out and out goal scoring striker as Santa Cruz is

Cruz only coming back from injury,just doesnt make sense putting money on him to score imo

as i said

if was betting on that match it be cole to score anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Champions League this week:

Barca to beat Kiev
    Arsenal to beat Olympiakos
    Bordeaux to beat Haifa
    United to beat Wolfsburg
    Real to beat Marseilles
    Chelsea to beat APOEL (in Cyprus)

3-1 on PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Champions League this week:

Barca to beat Kiev
    Arsenal to beat Olympiakos
    Bordeaux to beat Haifa
    United to beat Wolfsburg
    Real to beat Marseilles
    Chelsea to beat APOEL (in Cyprus)

I have the same plus...
    Inter to beat Rubin Kazan
    &
    Milan to beat Zurich
    around 7/1 on Betfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I jut put a tenner on these to win

Arsenal
    Bordeaux
    United
    Real Madrid
    Chelsea
    Inter Milan
    Milan

Odds... 6-1

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah I layed Tevez not Santa Cruz, much better value.

Well that didn't go to plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I would avoid putting Inter on any slip tonight - this is the Russian champions first game at home in the CL and it could be a tricky assignment.

Warper wrote: »
    I would avoid putting Inter on any slip tonight - this is the Russian champions first game at home in the CL and it could be a tricky assignment.

What he said x 1000000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yup I'm staying well away from Inter tonight

Frisbee wrote: »

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1715/match-preview/2009/09/28/1528006/champions-league-preview-rubin-kazan-inter
    Rubin Kazan's debut in the Champions League a fortnight ago might have ended in a 3-1 defeat to Ukrainian giants Dynamo Kyiv, but the Russian champions are not a side that can be easily pushed over. Against the former European Cup semi-finalists, the Tatarstan club led as late as the 70th minute at the Lobanovsky Dynamo Stadium but then shipped three goals.

Even taking into consideration their late capitulation to Kyiv, it cannot be denied that Kazan are an in-form side. They are in pole position in the Russian top flight at the moment and are very strong at home. They might be one of the eight clubs making their debut in the Champions League this season, but they should be taken seriously if their performance in Ukraine is any indicator.

Entertaining Italian champions Inter at the Central Stadium is a daunting prospect, but for Kazan it is as much going to be an occasion to savour as an opportunity to go for the kill. Kurban Berdyev's side know that in reality they have nothing to lose and even a draw with the Nerazzurri would be celebrated as a victory.

Kick-Starting Their Campaign

A 0-0 draw with Spanish and European champions Barcelona, who still remain the best and most entertaining side anywhere in the world, isn't a bad achievement, and for Inter that draw came at home on the opening week of the new Champions League campaign. Inter's domestic triumphs in the last three or four years have been obliterated by their dearth of success in Europe, and coach Jose Mourinho knows that this season he has to deliver the Champions League crown.

Inter do have the players to go far in the competition but it remains to be seen whether they have the hunger and the mentality. A win away from home in Russia would go quite some distance to demonstrate whether the Nerazzurri have that winning mentality or not, but a victory over Russian champions Rubin Kazan will be far from straightforward.

Inter are without Wesley Sneijder, Thiago Motta and David Suazo for their trip to Kazan, and Mourinho has a tactical decision to make on whether to start with a three-pronged attack of Mario Balotelli, Samuel Eto'o and Diego Milito. Winning is hugely important for Inter - another draw would only increase the pressure on them and allow their critics to further sharpen their blades.

FORM GUIDE

Rubin Kazan

September 25 v Amkar Perm' (H) - LOST 2-1 (Russian Premier League)

September 20 v Tom' Tomsk (A) - DREW 0-0 (Russian Premier League)

September 16 v Dynamo Kyiv (A) - LOST 3-1 (Champions League)

September 12 v Saturn Moscow - WON 5-1 (Russian Premier League)

August 30 v Spartak (A) - WON 3-0 (Russian Premier League)

Inter

September 26 v Sampdoria (A) - LOST 1-0 (Serie A)

September 23 v Napoli (H) – WON 3-1 (Serie A)

September 20 v Cagliari (A) – WON 2-1 (Serie A)

September 16 v Barcelona (H) - DREW 0-0 (Champions League)

September 13 v Parma (H) – WON 2-0 (Serie A)

TEAM NEWS

Rubin Kazan

Coach Kurban Berdyev will still be without the services of key midfielder MacBeth Sibaya for this match as he is suspended. However, his side welcome back striker Aleksandr Bukharov, who has recovered from a knee problem.

Possible Lineup (4-4-2): Ryzhikov, Ansaldi, Cesar, Kaleshin, Sharonov; Semak, Ryazantsev, Noboa, Karadeniz; Dominguez, Bukharov

Inter

The former European Cup winners are without Wesley Sneijder, Thiago Motta and David Suazo. Sneijder picked up a thigh injury in their match against Napoli and has been left back in Milan along with Motta and Suazo. Coach Jose Mourinho could also make some changes to the forward line, with an additional midfielder perhaps coming in for this away match.

Possible Lineup (4-4-2): Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Santon; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Muntari, Stankovic; Eto'o, Milito

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Sergei Semak (Rubin Kazan)

The Russian midfielder captained his nation to the semi-finals of Euro 2008 and has been a tremendous player for Rubin Kazan so far. The 33-year-old tried his best against Dynamo in their opening Champions League match but his team-mates could not read his passes. Inter will have to wary of this veteran on Tuesday.

Diego Milito (Inter)

The Argentine striker has been in superb form so far this season and was one of the best players at the San Siro a fortnight ago, when the Italian champions hosted Barcelona. Jose Mourinho might be inclined to use a conservative approach against Rubin Kazan on Tuesday evening, and Milito will be asked to find a goal or two.

PREDICTION

It is not going to be easy for Inter as Rubin Kazan will be in full throttle at home. But the Nerazzurri should be considered favourites for this match as they have superior players. However, don't expect a rout.

Rubin Kazan 1-2 Inter

Rubin arent in that great of form lately but those missing players for inter would worry me
    I still think inter will win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Only a couple of small bets for tonight. Nothing is really standing out for me.

Miracle bet -

Rubin - Inter - Draw
    Debrechi - Lyon - Draw
    Rangers - Seville - Draw
    Arsenal - Olympiakos - Arsenal 53/1

Fun Bet - 2 or 3 goals in the following games:

Inter
    Lyon
    Seville
    Stuttgart
    Standard Leige 25/1

Hopefully keep me interested for a while anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Can't see Rubin stopping Milito and Eto'o. Those two are a great partnership that didn't work on Saturday because Mourinho changed to a 4-3-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

was going to do Sevilla, Atletico and Villareal. Good odds about 15-1 in PP, just never had time to go in.

Liam O wrote: »
    was going to do Sevilla, Atletico and Villareal Good odds about 15-1 in PP, just never had time to go in.

your lucky
    Porto:

Fernando will miss this clash after being sent off against Chelsea, whilst Jesualdo Ferreira will also be without a number of injured players, including Miguel Lopes, who is close to returning from a thigh problem, Silvestre Varela and Cristian Rodriguez, who injured his left knee on the eve of his club’s most recent league encounter.

Possible Starting XI – (4-3-3): Helton; Fucile, Rolando, Bruno Alves, Pereira; Valeri, Belluschi, Raul Meireles; Mariano, Falcao, Hulk.

Atletico Madrid:

The Spanish side’s plans have been struck by the news that Sergio Aguero may be forced to miss this crucial clash with a thigh injury he picked up in the Valencia match at the weekend. Resino is still hopeful on the Argentine, and he has included the hitman in the squad. The coach will also be without his side’s top goalkeeper, Sergio Asenjo, as well as Maxi Rodriguez and Raul Garcia, who is still recovering from a broken toe.

Possible Starting XI – (4-4-2): Roberto; Valera, Perea, Ujfalusi, Antonio Lopez; Simao, Cleber, Assuncao, Jurado; Forlan, Aguero.

What you doing tonight HS? I'm in work till 9 and haven't got time to check.

RasTa wrote: »
    What you doing tonight HS? I'm in work till 9 and haven't got time to check.

sevilla and liverpool double

Headshot wrote: »

I'll be taking Sevilla anyway, probably in a triple, haven't decided on the other two teams.

Headshot what happened to your Owen vs. Tevez sig?

• Advertisement

I'll be taking Sevilla anyway, probably in a triple, haven't decided on the other two teams.

jebus frisbee not you too

i had to get rid of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Touchy subject ;)

My bad, I wasn't on a wind up or anything there I was just wondering, didn't know anything untoward had happened. My bad

I'm liking that, how are Sevilla and Forientina doing in their leagues?

I'm liking that, how are Sevilla and Forientina doing in their leagues?

well sevilla are going great in la - liga

3rd in the league with only 1 loss and scoring plenty of goals
    and rangers are going very bad in the SPL
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/rangers-fc/

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/sevilla-fc/results/2009-2010/

Forientina on the other hand im that sure about
    http://www.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-a/2009-2010/regular-season/

liverpool in Europe usually get the job done

Dirk Kuyt to score first - 17/2 Had a dream he scored a cracker in the 1st minute plus he tends to be good for a goal in Europe so for that price is probably worth a punt.

Arsenal to win both halves - 11/8 Arsenal have been strong at home and create a lot of chances. I expect them to put a few past Olympiakos.

Barca to win both halves - 4/5 At close to evens and with the way Barca are playing at the moment I think this is certainly worth putting some money on. Can't see a team like Kiev stopping the class of Barca and I expect them to be a couple up by the half hour mark. Hopefully they don't do too much too early and take the foot off the gas, but I would expect Barca to win both halves here.

5-Fold over the two nights of:

Rangers vs Sevilla
    Arsenal vs Olympiakos
    Barcelona vs Dynamo Kiev
    Man United vs Wolfsburg
    Real Madrid vs Marseille

10/3

Sevilla probably being the most dodgy one here, purely because of the atmosphere of Ibrox and the tendancy for Scottish teams to get results at home against better footballing sides. Hoping Seville can keep up their form here though. Can't forsee too many problems in the other games, but you never know I suppose.

• Advertisement

€50 on your double HS and another €25 on the same with Sevilla -1(12/5).

Will prob do a Vermallen anytime or 1st goalscorer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

beertons wrote: »
    Man Utd 3/10
    Real Madrid 8/13
    Chelsea 1/5
    Spurs 8/13
    ManCity 4/11
    All to win,
    Stake €250.

Missed out on €1300 with this, City drew 0-0 after 90 mins. Was going to throw in the towel, but giving it another go.

Have €250 on Liverpool, Arsenal and Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kettering @ 1.83
    Rochdale @ 1.83
    Preston @ 1.80
    West Brom @ 1.72
    Arsenal (-1.0) @ 1.61
    Stuttgart @ 1.95
    Sevilla @ 1.83
    Liverpool @ 2.00

Straight accu and six folds stake saver.

my anytime scorers are

treble

Arshavin 13/10

Torres 11/10

Fabiano 8/5

stake 20

Potential returns: €251.16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Hey guys. Dunno if this one was mentioned but has anyone had a consistent go at ladbrookes 11/1 3 strikers offer where you pick 3 to score anytime at the weekend and you get atleast 11/1.
    I know bookies never give money away so the odds can't really be great but I really fancy them. There are 4 or 5 strikers in the league that score more often than they dont (on current form)
    If a striker had a return of a goal every other game the odds of 3 scoring the same week would be about 1 in 8 in my basic estimation. Picking the right strikers based on the fixtures could even improve this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

On the draw in the Fio-Liv game and an Ac, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal and Real acca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Slightly more speculative than Headshots, a doubles and accu.

A Iniesta @ 2.30
    L Fabiano @ 2.60
    T Vermaelen @ 6.50
    Kuyt @ 3.20

€50 on your double HS and another €25 on the same with Sevilla -1(12/5).

Will prob do a Vermallen anytime or 1st goalscorer.

sorry rasta :(

What he said x 1000000.

Don't say we didn't warn yis.

sorry rasta :(

The joy of seeing Liverpool lose softens the blow. I wish Sevilla would hurry up and score though same for Vermallen from a corner.

C'mon Liverpool

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How are Sevilla looking?

The joy of seeing Liverpool lose softens the blow. I wish Sevilla would hurry up and score though same for Vermallen from a corner.

rasta that sevilla bet is coming in

fingers crossed for ya

btw whats my commission ?

my anytime scorers are

treble

Arshavin 13/10

Torres 11/10

Fabiano 8/5

stake 20

Potential returns: €251.16

god dammit

how close was that that's 3rd one is a row now

think ill give it a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone betting on the games tmrw?

• Advertisement

got my Da to go and do the Sevilla, Atletico and Villareal bet. I have faith in Atletico even though they haven't been playing too well, they have great players who can win a game single handedly. Knowing my luck they'll win and Villareal will draw or something...

rasta that sevilla bet is coming in

fingers crossed for ya

btw whats my commission ?

0 tonight as nothing came in! I thought I stuck Arshavin and Seville-1 in a double but it was Vermallen. Saftey tomorrow.

0 tonight as nothing came in! I thought I stuck Arshavin and Seville-1 in a double but it was Vermallen. Saftey tomorrow.

hard luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Seville got me out of a hole last night.

Had them to win, -1 & -2 brought back €680 in total. Covers the disasterous weekend and midweek last week.

Now just have to avoid throwing it away tonight :D

Iago wrote: »
    Seville got me out of a hole last night.

Had them to win, -1 & -2 brought back €680 in total. Covers the disasterous weekend and midweek last week.

Now just have to avoid throwing it away tonight :D

Well done

i dont think there great bets on tonights game

i dont think there great bets on tonights game

If I go down I might do no. of goals bets. Games in the CL are usually close and getting pretty much minimum odds of 10/11 for 2-3 goals and over 2/1 for 0-1 goals is a good gamble in games like United-Wolfsburg and Porto-Madrid.

Need United and Madrid to do the business tonight to bring in my 5-fold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Liam O wrote: »
    If I go down I might do no. of goals bets. Games in the CL are usually close and getting pretty much minimum odds of 10/11 for 2-3 goals and over 2/1 for 0-1 goals is a good gamble in games like United-Wolfsburg and Porto-Madrid.
    I can see there being a few goals in the united match tonight. Thinking of backing either both teams to score or over 2.5.

Will also more than likely go with CSKA and possibly Chelsea with a 1 goal handicap.

Think a draw in the Munich - Juventus game looks like a decent enough bet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

champions league spoiler contained within
    fcuk CSKA anyway.

92nd minute they go asleep and concede a goal

had them -1 and to win 2-0

Advertisement