Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m4 battery charging

Options
  • 12-08-2009 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

just bought an m4 kalash biar 2 series , but it doesnt say how long to charge the battery for,

anybody know ???

the battery is a d-boys 1200mah , 1.2V

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

if you charge it from the charger you get with it 4 hours is plenty or when it gets hot take it out thats normally a sign its ready

but if its to hot to touch take it out with a cloth on your hands and leave it outside in case off anything going wrong

never leave a battery unattended or leave in over night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

http://www.csgnetwork.com/batterychgcalc.html

4hrs seems a bit long in my book. if in doubt get yourself a smart charger.
    I never charge my batts for longer than 2 hrs after I cooked them the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

thanks for the info ,but should the battery not be charged for more time than usual for the first time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Expensive mistake for me the first time.....

Whats the mAh rating on the charger? Written on the label normally.
    And how many cells are there on the batt? 7 or more? normally marked 1.2v each.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

moggser wrote: »
    if you charge it from the charger you get with it 4 hours is plenty or when it gets hot take it out thats normally a sign its ready

but if its to hot to touch take it out with a cloth on your hands and leave it outside in case off anything going wrong

never leave a battery unattended or leave in over night

^How not to charge a battery^
    As iceage just said, find the mah rating on your charger and on your battery. Then divide them by each other for example a 1200 mah battery being charged by a 450 mah charger would be 1200/450=2.66, 2.66= 2hours 39 minutes.

• Advertisement

^How not to charge a battery^
    As iceage just said, find the mah rating on your charger and on your battery. Then divide them by each other for example a 1200 mah battery being charged by a 450 mah charger would be 1200/450=2.66, 2.66= 2hours 39 minutes.

jesus i missed the part where you claimed you are maths genius

the clone battery's and charger's that are supplied with the aeg's are more then suitable for the aeg in question

i dont really appreciate you making me out to be some sort of eejitt and that i dont really have a clue

moggser wrote: »
    jesus i missed the part where you claimed you are maths genius

the clone battery's and charger's that are supplied with the aeg's are more then suitable for the aeg in question

i dont really appreciate you making me out to be some sort of eejitt and that i dont really have a clue

Well if your house goes on fire and the source was a battery, don't make me say I told you so. Charge them proper and they'll be fine:D
    Also after each use, discharge you batteries so you don't over charge them. Just slap up a circuit with a 9v (or there abouts) bulb or just pick up a proper charger/discharger and not have to worry about any of that.

Well if your house goes on fire and the source was a battery, don't make me say I told you so. Charge them proper and they'll be fine:D
    Also after each use, discharge you batteries so you don't over charge them. Just slap up a circuit with a 9v (or there abouts) bulb or just pick up a proper charger/discharger and not have to worry about any of that.

erm ok i say it like this
    never posted in here to start or get involved in pettiness
    i like you started with the clone battery and charger and swiftly moved up
    to fast charger/discharger as it gets annoying waiting on the regular ones
    and i did point out that if it gets to hot to remove it also
    i did point out never to leave it unattended but you are warning me the day my flat roof leaks dont say i didnt warn you type of speech annoy's me as i point out your trying to make me look like a eejjit

any way enough de-railing op has more then enough guff from me on his thread

if my gaff does burn down lets pray to the lord it dont or any one else's

you can rest assured you will be the least of my problems

Pettiness? All I did was offer battery charging advice to the OP, also I was not trying to make an eijet of you I was just pointing out that randomly charging for 4 hours is not only not to way to go but dangerous. I apologies if I offended you in any shape or form.

ok big hug's all round;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

well thanks to all for the advice , its shooting grand now , but there is another problem , its getting to addictive and we cant put it down lol

cheers

Advertisement