Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of concrete blocks

Options
  • 12-08-2009 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

looking for best prices for 7000 4in standard blocks,delivered to cavan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to prices/costs forum

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭paul127

i paid 550 a thousend including vat delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭YourAverageJoe

i paid 420 plus vat per 1000 blocks plus 25 euro delivery (per delivery not per 1000)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scoobymac

I was quoted €630 per 1k inc vat by one company

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Hi Average Joe,

Can you send me on the details of the company you got the blocks at that price for? That seems quite cheap... What lenght are they? I had heard of a company that sold blocks cheaper than others but they were an inch shorter, thus meaning for every 13 blocks laid of normal, you lay 14 of these (or something like that), meaning more blocks required.

Cheers

• Advertisement

the company is in kildare, not sure on the length of the blocks but block laer never mentioned a problem. Will send you the name if still interested. There premises is very close to my site so might explain good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mark2003

I paid 530 incl vat and delivered.thats the best you get in tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

AverageJoe, I am based on Kildare/Laois border so would be interested in getting a quote from them ok. Send me on the details when you get a chance.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Be careful when you buy blocks. I know of one company whose blocks are not up to strength at all and are also very poor for size etc with blocklayers reporting that they are all different weights.
    €600 seems to be about the cheapest here in mayo but saying that we are over an hour from the yard so there would be alot of delivery cost included in that. Blocks were €770 I think during the boom delivered here

As this is now in the prices/costs forum theres no problem with posting company names providing you have no affiliation to the company and it helps others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

Why dont you give O Reillys a call.They are based between Kingscourt and Bailieborough.They have been making Blocks/Delivering them for years..
    www.oreillyconcrete.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 minerbhoy67

says he got blocks for 300stg per 1000 in north,delivered to dundalk,don't know were from but still looking,sent pm but no reply

i am based in meath,average price seems to be 420-460 +vat per 1000

u

hanlon conrete products, robertstown, naas, they are on the web. Do floor slabs aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mazotasan

Keatley Concrete near baltinglass in Wicklow (wicklow/kildare/carlow border)...€400 inc vat / 1000. Must be damn close to cost price...No complaints from blocklayers or Engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

anyone got experience buying blocks around the cork city area and what are the best deals

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lialwarrior

Using Road stone (Slane quarry) €390 / 1000 blocks ex. vat delivered. No complaints from blockies.

anyone use blocks from cemex,,,,dealing with rep price of 400 euro per 1000 inc vat cheapest i found by a mile,,,but have heard a few bad reports regarding sizes of blocks,,,,anyone else confirm or deny this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Casati

Kilasarans were quoting around 440 plus vat (13.5%) delivered to Dublin area during the summer- blocklayers reported that blocks were good quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Wavehopper

I got all my blocks from Kilsaran June/July/Aug, some prices as follows:

100mm x 440mm x 215mm blocks were €360 per 1000
    100mm stock bricks were €380 per 1000
    140mm soap bars were €920 per 1000
    100mm soap bars were €730 per 1000

All prices + vat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Topmanager wrote: »
    Why dont you give O Reillys a call.They are based between Kingscourt and Bailieborough.They have been making Blocks/Delivering them for years..
    www.oreillyconcrete.com/

I paid 380 for every thousand from Reillys but then I bought a good bit of stuff off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 firework

Hi guys,
    Anyone have an idea of block prices in donegal area at the moment?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Just quoted today from Cork Builders Providers as follows:

300 blocks = euro340 (inc vat)... :eek:

CarMuppet wrote: »

They must be including the cost of laying in that price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Dont buy blocks from a builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

nophd08 wrote: »
    Dont buy blocks from a builders providers.

Dumb question but where would you recommend is the best place to buy them so?

http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Concrete%26Concrete+Block+Supplier_County:Cork-1.html

.....and I'll answer all your car related questions!! :pac:

Thanks,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

How many blocks are per pallet on average?
    I am looking to buy a pallet for a small job but have no idea of roughly what it would cost.

"Concrete Products" supplier. You are buying straight from the manufacturer and cutting out the middle man.

Typically they will supply ready mix concrete, blocks, lintels etc etc.

BengaLover wrote: »
    How many blocks are per pallet on average?
    I am looking to buy a pallet for a small job but have no idea of roughly what it would cost.
    Usually 64 per bale. Depending on how many you need you should ask in advance for a price including delivery. Block manufacturers/suppliers will not normally deliver anything less than a bale.

If its only a few you need you could consider using a trailer and getting them yourself or alternatively check the price including delivery from the local builders providers yard who would deliver individual blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Concrete%26Concrete+Block+Supplier_County:Cork-1.html

.....and I'll answer all your car related questions!! :pac:

Thanks,
    Michael

Already answered by muffler. Buy them where they are made.:D

Advertisement