Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much RAM for photoshop cs2?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I need to buy a laptop, it will be used almost exclusively for web dev/design. Would 1Gb of RAM be good enough to run photoshop cs 2. I'll be using files with over 20 layers at 1920x2000 resolution for example.

Obviously I'd like to have more RAM but would I 'get away with' 1Gb or would I be wasting my time, and money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Given that it may be shared with the video card, and is required to run other applicationds & the OS... especially, if it's Vista. It won't run very fast at all. However, RAM is cheap and quite simple to upgrade. I would strongly recommend considering 2GB as a min.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

2gb? Hardly.

I can run CS3 on my laptop with 512mb ram easily. I only get lag when I have a brush size over 100.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Moromaster wrote: »
    2gb? Hardly.

I can run CS3 on my laptop with 512mb ram easily. I only get lag when I have a brush size over 100.

20 layers?? one gig, not gonna go well.

if your gonna be using 1 or 2 gig, i'd look into avoiding vista, xp or windows 7, claw back some of the ram off the os, also maybe look into a ready boost memory stick

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

20 layers?? one gig, not gonna go well.

if your gonna be using 1 or 2 gig, i'd look into avoiding vista, xp or windows 7, claw back some of the ram off the os, also maybe look into a ready boost memory stick
    The sig I'm using right now was 47 layers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Raven13

RAM memory is reasonably cheap now. You can get a decent set for £40 or so. Depending on your PC configuration you might find this useful: 4GB RAM.
    I am using 4 x 2GB OCZ DDR3

• Advertisement
Advertisement