Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router

Options
  • 12-08-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to buy a router that has a wireless connection that can be turned of at the router itself rather than having to turn on your pc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I think Buffalo routers (like the WHR-HP-G54) flashed with DD-WRT have a setting where pressing the AOSS button can be changed to turning off wireless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do you have a specific purpose in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

dub45 wrote: »
    Do you have a specific purpose in mind?

Yes i dont like wif-fi on if i am not using it. Also last year my computer broke and because my wifi was turned i couldnt access the internet on my wii

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Bob Z wrote: »
    Yes i dont like wif-fi on if i am not using it. Also last year my computer broke and because my wifi was turned i couldnt access the internet on my wii

what is your set up? Are you using a seperate wireless router and modem/

dub45 wrote: »
    what is your set up? Are you using a seperate wireless router and modem/

I have a netopia router. Not sure about the modem. Isnt it built into the pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

most netgear routers have an option to disable wireless broadcast

johnciall wrote: »
    most netgear routers have an option to disable wireless broadcast

Yes but you have to turn on your pc to do it. I was thinking of getting one that can be done from the router itself. The one in that first reply looks good

Advertisement