Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L31mr0d - In the Well!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

who would win a best of 5 in mario kart on the snes.... you or retr0gaymer ?
    (battle mode, arena 4)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

favourite strategy game of all time??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Jazzy wrote: »
    (battle mode, arena 4)

lol :D Anyway I couldn't say. I love Mario kart, and played it solid for close to a year on the Advance, including all the original tracks. None of my friends have ever come close to beating my time trial times. I also love most race games like Wipeout or F-Zero.

It would be a tough one, as, like Wipeout, there is an element of pot luck with which bonuses you pick up. Dunno really, perhaps if retr0 wanted to race me in Wipeout HD I could gauge how good he is at race games.

favourite strategy game of all time??

I don't really know as I'm not a huge RTS fan. Probably ploughed the most amount of time into the Red Alert series, but haven't really played an RTS to completion in the last few years. The last RTS I completed was Age of Empires III. Meant to get into World in Conflict but could never complete it.

I like tamer strategy games that don't require large investments of time. X-Com: Enemy Unknown is an example, or tower defense games like Pixeljunk Monsters or Savage Moon.

Actually the last strategy game that I really, really enjoyed was Darwinia, it's graphics and plot take their inspirations from Tron. For such a simple looking game the gameplay is highly addictive. I recommend everyone to get it, and then try the true RTS expansion Multiwinia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

best game with Arnold Schwarzenegger involved somewhere down the line ?

best game with Arnold Schwarzenegger involved somewhere down the line ?

I know you want me to say a Terminator game but for me it's True Lies on the SNES. I actually played it for the first time in college using an emulator, and over a period of a week of lunch breaks in the computer labs completed it. This game is a throw back to a time when movie to games where actually consistently decent. It is irritatingly hard in places and I will admit to using the emulator save feature on occasion before going up against a boss for the umpteenth time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

(battle mode, arena 4)

You really are looking for a street fighter 4 ass kicking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Was me killing you , kaimera, fanny craddock and myself with a molotov in left 4 dead the stupidest thing you've seen someone do in a team based game? If not what was!?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

retr0gaymer - I think thats genius.

Was me killing you , kaimera, fanny craddock and myself with a molotov in left 4 dead the stupidest thing you've seen someone do in a team based game? If not what was!?

lol... when was that again. Was that in the closet in the boathouse? Yeah that was pretty funny. L4D is a great game for that, making the best laid plans go to hell in an instant. I felt bad for you though... every time we'd just get to finishing a campaign you'd die and not get the achievement. Did you ever get the achievement for completing all of the campaigns on expert?

I'd say the dumbest thing I've ever seen in L4D versus was 2 guys got to the saferoom on the first level of No Mercy, and the other 2, myself being one of them, got pounced on and incapped outside. The rest of the team kept shouting over the comms to leave those incapped outside and wait until we died, but one of the guys in the saferoom kept saying he needed to rescue us to get the points. We kept saying "Don't open the door"... but he didn't listen.

He opened it, a boomer puked on him then 2 hunters jumped into the saferoom incapping all 4 of us. I literally just slapped my forehead but couldn't help but laugh at it. It's crazy situations like that that make L4D so good.

It was in death toll right as you enter the tunnel, I was throwing it over us and hit the roof.

Yeah that seemed to happen alot alright :P nah never got it, im 2/4 dont have death toll , cant remember the other one. Its been so long since I played L4d that i loaded the game up last night to see how far along i was with that achievemnt and there was a backround to the menu I did reckonise, then I rembered I havent actually played it since the update back in april/may :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I finished them all on extreme but go none of the achievements because my computer is slow and takes ages to get into the game so it counts as me not having played the campaigns 100% :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I finished them all on extreme but go none of the achievements because my computer is slow and takes ages to get into the game so it counts as me not having played the campaigns 100% :/

LOL! I need to play through the campaign again some time so shout if you're stuck for a player.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yeah that happens. The way to fix it is to wait until everyone is in the game then call a vote to restart the campaign, this will mean that everyone loads in at the same time.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    LOL! I need to play through the campaign again some time so shout if you're stuck for a player.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

+1

+1.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

kaimera wrote: »
    +1.

++1

Best weapon in a game?
    Best melee weapon in a game?
    Best boss in a game?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It was in death toll right as you enter the tunnel, I was throwing it over us and hit the roof.

Yeah that seemed to happen alot alright :P nah never got it, im 2/4 dont have death toll , cant remember the other one. Its been so long since I played L4d that i loaded the game up last night to see how far along i was with that achievemnt and there was a backround to the menu I did reckonise, then I rembered I havent actually played it since the update back in april/may :(
    You suck with mollys! Remember at the boathouse? The truck swings around the corner of the house where we're waiting for it, and you throw a molly just as the AI goes weird and the truck drives through you, molly hits the truck and kills 2 or 3 of us. You stick to pipes from now on witness

well i never could handle my drink....:pac:

to keep the thread on topic:

what would be the console game you'd like to see ported to the pc the most?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

With all the love for 16 bit systems, what modern game would you like to see on the snes/mega drive in 2D?

• Advertisement

Best weapon in a game?

Well this weapon was the first where I actually said "f*** YEAH" when I got to use it. The Redeemer in UT99.

It was excellent on the CTF map "Facing Worlds". You could get a camp spot, fire it, then guide it under the bridge and map to the enemies base and then fly it straight through their front door before they even had a chance to shoot it out of the sky.
    Best melee weapon in a game?

I'd like to say the crowbar in HL2... but I ended up hating that weapon. It made more sense to me at the time to be given the option to just use the butt of my gun to open up crates. I usually will never use the melee weapon.

I'm glad games since have given the option to melee with whatever weapon you have to hand.

For favourite there would have to be 2. The knife in Killzone 2, it's WAY too overpowered but it makes it fun running through a whole level without firing a shot. Literally 1 stab will kill most enemies.

Next would have to be the winged spear in Demons Souls which was recommended to me. Most baddies would have swords with a limited reach, which meant you could just stand back and stab them at distance with the spear. It was the equivalent of holding a midg.... vertically challenged individual at arms length and kicking them in the groin whenever they tried to punch you. :D
    Best boss in a game?

The tower knight in Demon's Souls stands out... just because he's such an unexpected shock when you first meet him. He's the boss of the second area in the game if you are playing it linearly. He really hits home that this game isn't going to go easy on you.

But for best, I'd have to go with Psycho Mantis in MGS. It literally sent a shiver down my spine when I first met him and he started addressing me, the gamer. I just remember thinking "Wait! What the hell is happening right now?"
    what would be the console game you'd like to see ported to the pc the most?

Gears of War 2... regardless of what people might think of it, I loved the original GoW on the PC. It was probably my first experience with a true coop experience (I've completed it nearly 5 times since with other people over the net or locally on my LAN). I'd love to play GoW2 on the PC but have no intention of buying a 360 just for it.
    With all the love for 16 bit systems, what modern game would you like to see on the snes/mega drive in 2D?

I know there's been a flash game of it, but I'd love to see a beautiful sprite version of Portal in 16bit. Would make for some really interesting platforming.

Advertisement