Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Paris for 2 nights

• 12-08-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cheap but decent hotel in Paris for 2 nights in the 2nd week of Sept.

This will be my first time there, so I dont have any idea which hotel will be close to city or where it will be good to stay.

Looking for some help / suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

It really depends on what you mean by "cheap" :)

Ibis hotels are generally decent and are usually €75-€90 per night (don't eat the breakfast, just grab something in the local patisserie).

Hotel Ibis Paris Grands Boulevards Opera is fairly good. Clean and in a very good location (10 minute walk from the CDG roissy bus terminus and near Galeries Lafayette etc..)

The Latin Quarter is also a nice place to stay, try Hotel de l'Esperance
    Stayed here a good few years ago and it was quite nice..

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Try 1800hotels.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I normally go to Hotels.com or Booking.com.

Input the city, and dates. Then on the list of hotels, sort by 'price for single room (or double room)', filter down through them. Skip the first few inevitable hotels outside of the city centre til you start getting decent locations and ratings. Then input the hotel on TripAdvisor.. try and get a hotel rated at least in the top 25% - 30% of the hotels in the city.

I used this process whenever I go away. I was in Germany last week - got fantastic hotels in Dusseldorf and Cologne for just over €50 / night (€380 total for the 2 hotels for 7 nights - that includes a double-room in Dusseldorf for 3 nights, and double-room for 4 nights in Cologne). The one in Cologne (Hotel AZIMUT) was in the top 10 hotels in Cologne (out of about 300 or so).. and it was superb.

It is just a matter of shopping around.. I recommend using booking sites like quoted above. As hotel rates directly do often differ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Can't help you with a cheap hotel but a good area is Monmartre. I was there a couple of weekends ago. It's a bit out of the city but the metro in Paris is great. You can get a day or two day pass and use it as much as you want.
    Like davej said if they charge extra for breakfast don't bother. The hotel I was in offered breakfast for €17 per person per day. Or we could walk out of the hotel and choose from loads of cheap cafes within 100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

davej wrote: »
    It really depends on what you mean by "cheap" :)

Ibis hotels are generally decent and are usually €75-€90 per night (don't eat the breakfast, just grab something in the local patisserie).

Hotel Ibis Paris Grands Boulevards Opera is fairly good. Clean and in a very good location (10 minute walk from the CDG roissy bus terminus and near Galeries Lafayette etc..)

The Latin Quarter is also a nice place to stay, try Hotel de l'Esperance
    Stayed here a good few years ago and it was quite nice..

davej

+1 on the Ibis idea. They are always of a very solid standard. Clean and cheap.

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-1400-ibis-paris-tour-eiffel-cambronne-15eme/index.shtml We've stayed in this one - within walking distance to the Eiffel tower and a metro stop about 100m from the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I find http://www.hrs.de/web3/?client=en__NEXT to be a great site for hotel deals, but www.hotwire.com has also been great for bigger cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions :)

It will certainly help me to have a start. Going to take some time to dig in to all the information. Hope all these leads to successful search for hotel booking :)

Please do let me know if any of you have any idea about what must to see in Paris.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Please do let me know if any of you have any idea about what must to see in Paris.

The Eiffel Tower :D

Although if you do go there, go early. There will be queues, unless you want to walk up the stairs. The queues for that weren't as long.

If you're looking for the standard sights a ticket on these is handy.

http://www.batobus.com/english/index.htm

You can get tickets for the boats near any of the attractions shown on the map.

The flea markets are fairly good to go to. Nice and cheap.
    If you're going to the shops bear in mind they close on a Sunday. We didn't know this and wandered over to Galeries Lafayette on the Sunday afternoon. With hindsight I'm sure that saved me a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Going to Paris myself in second week of september for the second time.Booked hotel on hostelworld.com. staying in crowns etoile hotel. it is literally a 2 minute walk from where bus leaves you off and the arc de triomphe is literally at top of your road.close to metro station to get to eiffel tower and train station for disneyland. you'll love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Maybe you would be better off bookin a private room in a hostel. Paris is expensive and a private room in a hostel per night will most likely work out cheaper than a hotel room , you may lose out on a few home comforts such as you may have to share a bathroom but in Paris your going to be spending on everything and everywhere you go,, so maybe better to save where you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

It might be worth your while trying the link below for 2 nights for the price of 1 at some U.K. and European hotels. Some of their Paris hotels are included but not all. IC Hotels include Holiday Inns, Crowne Plazas and Inter Continental Hotels.

When you search on this link the price you will pay per night (1/2 the normal price) is displayed. Searches must be for 2 nights for the reduced rate to work.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/c/1/content/dec/teaser/6c/1/en/lp/emea/twofor1.html?rateCode=IDEX1&cm_mmc=partnership-_-exclusive-_-241-_-mva

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

finding it tough to find accom for 3ppl for jus a night, have 2full days to the see the city tho..
    any ideas?

Advertisement