Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water supply problem in apartment

Options
  • 12-08-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem. A couple of days ago my water supply was cut off, the site next door disrupted it somehow. It was switched back on earlier today and I have fresh water (the kitchen tap) and my rads heat up. But for some reason the water to my bathroom doesnt work, Taps or Toilet. And the hot tap in my kitchen wont work either.

Im hoping I just need to be patient and it will start working, though the guy above me is telling me his is working fine now. Do I just need to wait it out? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

while the water was out , and if you used a lot of water from your tank ( as in fush toilet, hot water cold tap in the bathroom , bath shower etc etc. ) you could have a airlock which is an air bubble preventing water flowing throught the pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Im guessing there is nothing I can do about this and ill need to get a plumber out then yes? When I got in from work today the toilet had enough water in for one flush now nothing. Ive been running the tap in my kitchen for awhile and its perfect, but not a drop from the other taps :(

the water in your tap is the mains. and this is a seperate supply all together. you have a tank in your attic or somewhere in your aprtment that supplies your toilets and hotwater.

does you hot water in your kitchen work?

and does the cold tap in your bathroom work?

None of the hot taps work, the cold tap in the bathroom isnt working either.

one tip. make sure all your tas are off and that you did not turn one on by accident.

because if it came back on by accident when you are not there you myhave a mess to clean up.

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-an-Airlock-from-Your-Hot-Water-System

• Advertisement

Ah much appreciated Im going to try the washing machine method, I dont have a hose.

I owe ye a pint man. That worked a treat :) Im soaked aswell.. :D

no plumber needed!!!

you just need to know where to look. dont worry about the pint...... thats what we are here for.

Advertisement