Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple questions about uniform.

Options
  • 12-08-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

:confused:Hi all, I have a few basic questions that might sound silly but it's my eldest going to school for the first time this september so please bear with me!

Our new school has two uniforms for the infants- either a tracksuit or a pinafore dress for the girls. Now at the meeting the teachers said they preferred the children to wear the tracksuit because when they are painting etc they can slip off the jumper easily etc.

So I went to the shop where you buy the uniform and the lady who works there came with the tracksuit and the dress, and I said I only wanted the tracksuit but she looked at me like I was mad. I explained what the teachers said but she implied everyone buys both.

Now my daughter actually prefers dresses anyway so if I thought I should buy both, I would, but I know if I buy both it's going to be a struggle to get her to wear the tracksuit in the mornings 'cause she will prefer the dress.

So my silly question- has anyone else this experience, and what is the norm? Do you buy both?

Also another silly question but should you buy two of each?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Happy121

I'd suggest you buy both.

No matter what we give our kids, they will get bored with it and want a change.

It is very handy on a day when you forget to clean the dress, you always have the tracksuite to fall back on.

They are a lot warmer in winter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

2nd set of tracksuit bottoms is always handy to have as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

For now why don't you just buy what you want to buy, you can always get the pinafore at a late date.

I think some of the uniform shops have gotten used to the monoploy situation of being sole supplier. For the consumer this is changing for the better with the increasing number of department stores that are now selling uniforms, or as I did for my daughter's uniform requirements bought as much as I could online at much reduced prices to what my two local uniform shops were offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Thanks so much for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Kildrought wrote: »
    2nd set of tracksuit bottoms is always handy to have as well.

You can buy extra tracksuit bottoms in Penneys for €4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement