Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse sale gone Bad - Need Help

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

Thanks for Help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Why are they returning the horse? Is it not suitable, injured/unsound??? They could well be within their rights to return it.

Really you should of had a passport for the horse when it was in your possession, it is the law.

If i were you i would seek legal advice and tell your side of the story to your solicitor, take it from there.

Contact a solicitor.

Also remember that any posts on boards do not constitute as legal advice and if this matter should escalate to a legal one, that publishing information on the matter will not be well recieved by your legal representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

These days a horse should really have a passport, but does it actually have any breeding or anything worthwhile on the passport.

Also I bought a horse one and the woman sent on a passport because the original got lost, so the passport had DUPLICATE written on it, I don't think getting a duplicate passport should be a big deal. Unless it has a green passport then a DNA test will be required.

TBH I would take the horse back return the money and sort the passport situation out before selling it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Completely off track here, how much are DNA tests to find out registered parentage (if any) ?

My vet said they can be expensive, but the guy who sold me my horse did it for us and the Green passport was sent out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Do the breed society/passport people do it or is it a independant party?

I think some breeds have passports like the Connemaras however you will have to attend an inspection for most of those organisations.

Otherwise the Horse Board does it for normal showjumpers and horses.

Advertisement