Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birthday Presents?

• 12-08-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

This is more for the girls as i'm pretty sure lads don't do the birthday present thing. But how much do you spend on your friends birthdays?
    I'm 19, unemployed and need what little money i have for college...and i'm lucky i have friends who aren't even lucky enough to be supported by thier parents. yet, most of my friends seem to spend sooo much on presents. I would usually spend around €20 but this year i was trying to be cheaper. So i was talking to one of my friends and she seemed to be agreeing with me but then she said "yeah, but anything under 20 is still a bit stingy"
    So what do you think? I mean we're young, broke students... i dunno really

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

One thing you could do is burn a CD with every song that was number 1 on their birthday from the year they were born right up until now. One of my friends did that for me once and I thought it was a great present, really thoughtful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Just put some money in a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Oh christ, its my GF's birthday on saturday and I have a feeling it will be over on sunday. Im crap at presents. :eek:

I bought her an album by this guy. I brought her to see him in whelans a few months ago and she really enjoyed it so I think she might like that.
    Plus shes going off to sweden for a term so Im going to get her the lonely planet guide.

Total cost = 30 yo yos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i know i splashed out on my *best* mate's 18th... but most peeps, especially by college, it was a token thing. one of them was into comics and drawing and i got him this 3d drawing kit i found in urban outfitters. he thought it was really cool and the thought that counted more than how much i'd spent on it. burnt another mate up a cd of 'our' kinda songs, songs that we both liked or that reminded me of him for weird little reasons.
    handmade card, personal message, token present (i got one mate a big thing of bubbles before, she was over the moon!) and just make sure and *be* there. most peeps seem to get more bummed out over organising a big night out, and people dropping out cos of work/essays/exhaustion/whatever.

before college, €20 would be fine... when i simply couldnt afford it (and couldnt afford to even drink) then token presents was grand.

one of my favourite presents i ever got was a flipflop with a birthday message on it and a mix cd. i still love that mix cd and actually brought the flipflop with me when i emigrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Oh christ, its my GF's birthday on saturday and I have a feeling it will be over on sunday. Im crap at presents. :eek:

I bought her an album by this guy. I brought her to see him in whelans a few months ago and she really enjoyed it so I think she might like that.
    Plus shes going off to sweden for a term so Im going to get her the lonely planet guide.

Total cost = 30 yo yos
    Oh,what a n00b,who is this guy?

Girls dont like thoughtful presents they like cold hard cash and Jewelery!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

:(
    But I'm sure your girl is different and will love it!!

Advertisement