Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone dilemma

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am setting up small business from home and want to have a dedicated business phone line for business mainly in Ireland. If I'm not at home I need to to have calls divert to a mobile, but want to avoid cost of landline to mobile call if possible. Also want to conference call with colleagues in other offices at low cost. is skype best option for this, or are better options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

one option is to use a virtual number with a voicemailbox. Leave a message on that to call your mobile. running a business is all about keeping the costs down. If you have a mobile use that as your outgoing and the virtual as your incoming. That'll cost you a tenner a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 raimie

Thanks for that. Have been checking out virtual numbers havn't found anything for less than €50 per month yet. Thats based on a phone answering service with messages forwarded by text or email. I'm a bit concerned about not having someone answering all calls. Maybe thats not the be all and end all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 VoIP4U

Hi

Get an account with Blueface & DID number, buy an ATA or SIP phone.

You can then use this to call forward to your mobile when out.

See here some of the features available with Blueface

http://www.blueface.ie/helpandadvice/newtoblueface.aspx#forwards

Note: I am note associated in any way with Blueface, this is not a plug for blueface - just a suggestion

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

VoIP4U wrote: »
    Hi

Get an account with Blueface & DID number, buy an ATA or SIP phone.

You can then use this to call forward to your mobile when out.

See here some of the features available with Blueface

http://www.blueface.ie/helpandadvice/newtoblueface.aspx#forwards

Note: I am note associated in any way with Blueface, this is not a plug for blueface - just a suggestion

Regards

I would second the above I have done this for a number of small offices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 raimie

thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement