Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

start of a new me hopefully!

Options
  • 12-08-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I’m 23, 5’11, 14 stone and according to a device the instructor had that looks like a small steering wheel my bodyfat is 17%, I think its more in its more like 23%. As you will see when I get time to put a few pictures up.

Ok here is my routine, the fitness instructor in the gym give it to me. I’m just doing it since last Friday.

5 min. warm-up on the cross trainer
    Then circuit training on machines only which consists of:
    10 reps @20kg leg extention
    10reps @25Kg leg/hamstring curl machine
    10 reps @20Kg chest press
    10 reps @20Kg mid row
    10 reps @20Kg shoulders
    10 reps @20Kg tricep extention
    10 reps @20Kg bicep curl
    15 reps @20Kg Ab crunch machine
    12 reps @10Kg on each side oblique workout machine
    I do this circuit 3 times.

The first day I upped all weights by 10Kg because these weights were not heavy enough, today I upped by a further 5Kg today and it felt a bit better, by last circuit I was pretty tired which I presume is good.

Then I’m doing a 30 minute power walk at 6.5km/hour. I can jog but the instructor told me to just walk. (keep the heart rate under 140 so I’m burning of fat instead of muscle, controversial I know). He also told me this was enough cardio when I asked.

I’m hoping this training will let me lose weight and tone up, I’m not looking to build up. I’m afraid that this is what this training is leading to as the fitness instructor is a body builder.

My diet is pretty much 7.30 porridge
    10.00 tea brown bread sandwhich with tuna
    12.00 apple or orange
    13.00 soup brown bread
    16.00 some tuna
    18.00 steak/chicken fillet with vegatble or tuna and bread or beans and waffles.(trainer told me to cut out carbs after four and I’m tryin)
    19.00 training (The trainer is recommending I take a protein shake before and after training)

My aims over next year or so are to be about 12.5 to 13 stone with bodyfat of about 8-10%

Constructive criticism please. Actually criticism will do..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Am I to much of a newbie to be starting a fitness log..If so just say and I'l leave it for a month or two..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Congratz on getting started :D just a few things.

Your program looks a little wishy washy, youve got too much going on, You would be better off doing compound movements, like instead of bicep curl, you could do bent over rows or pullups/assisted pull ups.
    Not to mention you have no back work.

Ok today I did the routine I have posted, in the last two circuits upped the weights by another 5kg.. Tuff towards the end, still not sure if this regiem is good for me, gonna get a programme done up by as personal trainer that i know is very good at the weekend.

Today I had porridge for breakfast, Tuna sandwhich on brown bread at 10, potato and leak soup and a slice of brown bread at 1, apple and orange at 4, nuts before workout and then spoiled it all (because it is my birthday tomorrow) by going out for a meal with the gf, got 8oz fillet steak mushrooms and onions(no spuds/starter or dessert) and only drank water with it.

Gonna ask pt about protein shakes at weekend also

ok just up dating, I'm sticking to the training, missed 2 days out of eleven so could be better.. Diet is not going so well as I am on holiday(in ireland so mostly steak or salmon but its what comes with that is catching me out!). Will be back home on thursday so back to reality then. think I'l take first picture for my log on thursday and then improve from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

How's it going daithi?

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm gonna try doing this again... Fell of the wagon bigtime.. I'm 14 stone 6.4. Bodyfat is around the 23.5%. I didnt like the gym I joined, nor the trainers or my programme and I reckon that why I stopped going or caring. I've joined a new gym now and not really folling a set programme so I find that better even if it not as productive, atleast I always feel like going back. unfortunely I couldnt afford a personal trainer and dont wanna ask in the gym about protein because there all sell sell sell..

I'm having weetabix for breakfast and orange juice
    Soup/beans/tuna and two slices of wholegrain bread for lunch
    Steak/salmon/chicken and peppers onion garlic for dinner
    I know thats not enough so I was planning on having proteion shakes/bars as a meal replacment in between them and post workout(Not sure what to take)

Basically I want my bodyfat down and lean muscle up..

My workout is 40 min on weights, Shoulders, chest, upper/lower back, arms and abs covered

Then nearly another 50 min on cardio, mostly running but a bit of xtrainer and bike throwing in there. 4/5 times a week...

Really need advise on what supplements would be good for me if any. At the min I'm picking up a protein bar when I come out of the gym, just because I'm usually a bit hungry, Its maximuscle Cyclone, 23g protein and 5g Creatine. Its too pricy tho...

and I have a new found love for peanut, just found out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

daithi09 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm gonna try doing this again... Fell of the wagon bigtime.. I'm 14 stone 6.4. Bodyfat is around the 23.5%. I didnt like the gym I joined, nor the trainers or my programme and I reckon that why I stopped going or caring. I've joined a new gym now and not really folling a set programme so I find that better even if it not as productive, atleast I always feel like going back. unfortunely I couldnt afford a personal trainer and dont wanna ask in the gym about protein because there all sell sell sell..

I'm having weetabix for breakfast and orange juice
    Soup/beans/tuna and two slices of wholegrain bread for lunch
    Steak/salmon/chicken and peppers onion garlic for dinner
    I know thats not enough so I was planning on having proteion shakes/bars as a meal replacment in between them and post workout(Not sure what to take)

Basically I want my bodyfat down and lean muscle up..

My workout is 40 min on weights, Shoulders, chest, upper/lower back, arms and abs covered

Then nearly another 50 min on cardio, mostly running but a bit of xtrainer and bike throwing in there. 4/5 times a week...

Really need advise on what supplements would be good for me if any. At the min I'm picking up a protein bar when I come out of the gym, just because I'm usually a bit hungry, Its maximuscle Cyclone, 23g protein and 5g Creatine. Its too pricy tho...

Forget the supplements mate, just get good food in and train hard.

Ok so didnt train yesterday because muscles had not recovered, ate healthy tho. Trying to keep those carbs at a minimum for now, just until I see a difference.. Today I did my weights and abs/obliques exercise(think the ab machines are a waist of time and as I go on want to move onto free weights completely, bit intimidating at the minute). I also did a 5km run(30 min) and 10Km on the bike(10min). Came out had a protein bar, half a tin of beans and a slice of wholegrain. For breakfast I had two weetabix, orange juice. Looking forward to the steak for dinner.

Trained an ate well on thursday. fridays foo was ok but no training but last night had a chinese take away and no training either. Feel bad so going too the gym today and also eating healthy. T
    Its so easy to fall of the wagon...

• Advertisement
Advertisement