Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband in Sligo Town... (& Piano Lessons)

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, was wondering if anybody could recommend which of the mobile networks is providing the most reliable mobile broadband in Sligo Town. I'm in North Donegal and o2 seems to be doing quite well up here but that might not necessarily be the case for Sligo.

(And as an aside, like my signature says, I'm looking for a piano teacher in Sligo. I've had no luck finding anybody online, in the golden pages or in the music forum.. So if you think you might know someone, please let me know. I'm learning for pleasure so I'm willing to be taught by a music student or a proper teacher).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barr toco

Hi Karma403,

Im using 3g broadband, it works well for me in sligo town, can be slow

if downloading things, but for browsing the net it works a treat :)

piano lessons, sorry cant help there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi OP

I use 3, no problems with it in town (and one less bill as I use pay-as-you-go credit thing).

There was a music shop on the Pearse Road, who moved premises, but I can't remember to where (someone here should know) who advertised Piano lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Hi OP

I use 3, no problems with it in town (and one less bill as I use pay-as-you-go credit thing).

There was a music shop on the Pearse Road, who moved premises, but I can't remember to where (someone here should know) who advertised Piano lessons.

is that melody maker? it has a new shop in the quay side mall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

No Mr T, I don't think it was Melody Maker. I'll have a search for the name. (Off topic: Kids doing good?)

EDIT: It was Oasis Music, and they moved to High Street, beside the entrance to the Market Yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

No Mr T, I don't think it was Melody Maker. I'll have a search for the name. (Off topic: Kids doing good?)

EDIT: It was Oasis Music, and they moved to High Street, beside the entrance to the Market Yard.

Kids are brilliant, Fenna keeps us awake the last four night though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I saw a van today in Sligo, said ''B Sharp instruments, most instrument taught'' on it.

Think the address was 31 High street.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

thanks for the info guys!

Before I take the plunge with 3, can anybody tell me if 3 allow you to return the modem if it doesn't work properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

yeah you get 14 days to return it. not sure if it's the same if buying it through their shop, i bought mine online and had 14 days to send it back. When I worked in a phone shop in belfast you also had 14 days to bring it back, it's usually a part of any contract. I got the one where the connector part can be moved to go straight up in the air and save space, here's the link,

http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/3-e180-white-mobile-broadband-15gb.htm

it's the 7.2mbs, and gives you 15gb download for 19.99 a month. you can watch youtube videos easily, download music, and I even downoad movies and tv shows, actually just downloaded entourage earlier on it. i've had it since 1st of april and still only used 17gb total on it, so it's great to have. I also watch all the premiership matches online too, saves me having to pay for sky :) my mate has the 3.6mbs one and he has to pause youtube videos and wait ages for it to load up, I would recommend you to pay the extra bit for the modem to get the better bandwitdh.

only problem I had with mine is my nephew decided it would be fun to break the moveable part on it, now I have it glued so it doesn't move and it's permenantly in the upright position so it saves space, and stops him grabbing it when I'm online.

Thanks for the detailed answer Cloneslad. That's really helpful:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

I use o2 and dont really have any problems. Piano lessons are available in Branleys Yard, Rathcormack. About 4 mile from Sligo. You pass the yard when travelling from Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

karma403 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed answer Cloneslad. That's really helpful:)

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭garth-marenghi

karma403 wrote: »
    Hi, was wondering if anybody could recommend which of the mobile networks is providing the most reliable mobile broadband in Sligo Town. I'm in North Donegal and o2 seems to be doing quite well up here but that might not necessarily be the case for Sligo.

(And as an aside, like my signature says, I'm looking for a piano teacher in Sligo. I've had no luck finding anybody online, in the golden pages or in the music forum.. So if you think you might know someone, please let me know. I'm learning for pleasure so I'm willing to be taught by a music student or a proper teacher).

The Weekender had an advertisment for the Sligo Contemporary Music School. They seem to be orientated towards Leaving and Junior Cert music students but they also say all ages and levels are welcome so hopefully its of some use to you.
    http://scms.ie/about.htm

Advertisement