Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating in Clonmel

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Myself and the missus are heading down to clonmel for a few days in early september. Its been ages since i was down there, but last time there was a nice indian restaurant near the river, is that still there?

Are there any other restaurants locals would recommend we're staying for 3 nights? Midweek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Indian Ocean I think your on about. Befani's is beside that which is lovely, and up from that further again is Catalpa, which would be my favourite ,and would fit the bill if it's just yourself and herself as it has a romantic atmosphere. Lemongrass isn't bad either. Raheen house and Bumbles are grand, but the most underrated place around is the Minella Hotel in my opinion, great food especially the steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Really, we're actually staying at the minella!

Thats good to know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was in the Minella for a wedding recently and the food was first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

sofireland wrote: »
    Really, we're actually staying at the minella!

Thats good to know. Thanks

yeah it's quality, the tray they bring around with all the deserts on it would entice anyone no matter how full you are!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

sofireland wrote: »
    Are there any other restaurants locals would recommend we're staying for 3 nights? Midweek

Check out this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bigbadben

MonsterMob wrote: »
    yeah it's quality, the tray they bring around with all the deserts on it would entice anyone no matter how full you are!

And if you're lucky you might get something that John Allen hasn't sweated on or stuck his finger in. Cant stand the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

He's just playing the part of host, most other places don't even do that..Give the guy a break I thought it was a very professional touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clonmelguy

Mr.Bumbles are doing a special with three courses for €23.95. Was talking to a guy was in there last week. Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

have to say any time i go to clonmel for grub i always hit dAmigos. its part of the post house pub. delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

bigbadben wrote: »
    And if you're lucky you might get something that John Allen hasn't sweated on or stuck his finger in. Cant stand the place.

Is that John Allen of the Minella?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

Is that John Allen of the Minella?
    id say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

bigbadben wrote: »

John Nallen ...not Allen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JuJuBean

If you like good food avoid Mr Bumbles - thought the place was terrible - poor quality food and waiters and waitresses who don't know much about quality service. Its just a bit lacking in class really. Cheap though.

Planet Spice is a fab Indian, really good food and very nice staff. Catalpa is yum - delicious fillet steaks and a good variety of top notch food.

Lemongrass is good too, same as all the other ones around the country really. I've heard they closed down though - is this true?

Advertisement