Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what ingredients are in bulmers cider?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

cheeerss!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

piss, vinegar, and your choice of fruit pulp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Had a look around and this was the best I could find.

This is it's nutritional data.

Other than that, apples? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

lots and lots of sugar,really bad drink in the long run,mate of mine was told by his doc thats what triggered his diabetes,mind you he drank a lot of the stuff at that time. in a bad way now. as it says on the bottles please drink moderately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

unwyse wrote: »
    lots and lots of sugar,really bad drink in the long run,mate of mine was told by his doc thats what triggered his diabetes,mind you he drank a lot of the stuff at that time. in a bad way now. as it says on the bottles please drink moderately!

thats wat i was afraid of!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There'll be preservatives in there as well.

Any drink that doesn't tell you the ingredients is hiding something. The lack of mandatory listing for alcoholic drinks is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Definitely back sweetened, Bulmers uk are uisng glucose syrups, things can be much different here

An mostly like as good does of acid regulators

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

unwyse wrote: »
    That bulmers pear add really pisses me off, the ad going on about misleading ads when itself is totally misleading. It said it has 100% pear juice, but it was pointed out that this means the juice in it is 100% pear, but it is still loaded with sugar. So techinically it could have 1 single drop of pear juice in it and the ad is still legally OK.

I emailed them about the sugar content in the ciders, I asked a leading question to try and get them to admit it had added sugar, or the content.
    Message/Enquiry: Is the new pear cider made with just 100% pears as described in the adverts. I am a diabetic with allergies to processed sugars but would be able to drink a pure pear cider.

Hi ****,

Unfortunately, it's not suitable for diabetics.

Kind Regards,
    :rolleyes:
    BeerNut wrote: »
    Any drink that doesn't tell you the ingredients is hiding something. The lack of mandatory listing for alcoholic drinks is ridiculous.
    It is disgraceful, can never understand why they are let off, tesco list ingredients on most of their booze.
    The spokeswoman said: "As stated, in order to ensure consistency of product, we make some post-fermentation adjustments to Bulmers sweetness, colour and acidity. As you can appreciate however, the detail of the recipe is confidential."
    Coke show the ingredients list like any other food/drink product and have successfully kept it secret. It is obviously confidential to hide the fact there is feck all juice in it.

Advertisement