Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade Barbecue Question

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Don't know whether this should be in the food and drink section or not but have planned a huge bbq for the weekend and intend to build my own temporary one. Have 30 cavity concrete blocks and will be building a pit approx 6ft x 2ft, just wondering would anyone out there know is there sheets of mesh I could buy this size to use as a grill, and if so what exactly would I be asking for in the local builder's providers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

I went to a welders to see if he could help me out in building a BBQ.

He wouldn't help me out!!! :mad:

Wouldn't even tell me if it was a scrap merchant or an engineer I needed to go to.

Said he couldn't think of anywhere you get sheets of gridding.

I thought people were looking for work these days :eek:

So any info from antone on the best path to talk would be grate :p

Thanks Folks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Argos sell the bbq kit that you build into walls. You just dont get the wall/brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lentec

if you need a big grill then go to any steel stockholders and ask for 25mm weldmesh.
    this is an 8x4 sheet and is relatively cheap. it does not come chromed or anything and it will rust, but a wire brush before you use it each time will sort it out, i have used this method with the same grill for about 3 years now and still with a quick wire brush, the grill is fine.
    hope this helps
    chris

ps as for the welder oldscoil, he couldnt have been much of a welder if he did not know about weldmesh....some people i think are just deliberatly unhelpfull.

Advertisement