Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattooist in cork for dragon piece?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi guys
    yer all prob sick of the "whos the best tattooist" type threads but am looking to narrow it down. I looked at tattoo zoo's portfolio - fergals seems to be best for my design but can anyone recommend another as this piece I am designing myself and want it rendered well - don't regret painting "Draco" so don't want to regret him as a tattoo. heres a photocopy of the original painting (head only). stopped painting for 2 years so am practising again before working on him. The pic doesn't do him justice. It'll be placed in my lower back and a bit more contrast. also considering putting "metallica" somewhere (in scales maybe). There is also his claws grasping a crystal on the right but don't have pic.

mydragon.gif

greatly appreciate yer help. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

It might be cool to put one of the metallica logo's, e.g the 'M', into the drawing somewhere on the sly instead of putting the word in there? Im sure with your drawing/painting skills you could pull it off quite well. Could be more stylish than the word 'Metallica', and fit in with the rest of the tattoo better.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

blacon9 wrote: »
    It might be cool to put one of the metallica logo's, e.g the 'M', into the drawing somewhere on the sly instead of putting the word in there? Im sure with your drawing/painting skills you could pull it off quite well. Could be more stylish than the word 'Metallica', and fit in with the rest of the tattoo better.

Maybe - i'm still working on that one - might have it in the crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

The four Ms would look cool tied in somewhere.
    I have this tattooed on my wrist and it looks really well, people are always complimenting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The dragon is nicely done. To drop Metallica into it so seemingly randomly would cheapen and cheesify a potentially good tattoo, Metallica have nothing to do with Dragons so nobody would get the connection.

If you must have something Metallica related within the tattoo my suggestions would be to use something subtle like the symbol from the load album and have it in the crystal ball or as a reflection in the Dragons eye (you could use the snake from the black album either I guess.) either that or have something else symbolic to the band if you love them that much, maybe the crosses from the Master of Puppets album, just dont do the scales thing as that would suck a$$.......be subtle.

Also go to who's best for the tattoo and not who's the cheapest bus fare, if you're going black and grey look at Wojits album in the portfolio thread and I think Joe Myler from JMD's has a nicely done dragon on his myspace site.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Diceicle wrote: »
    The dragon is nicely done.If you must have something Metallica related within the tattoo my suggestions would be to use something subtle...........just dont do the scales thing as that would suck a$$.......be subtle.

Also go to who's best for the tattoo and not who's the cheapest bus fare, if you're going black and grey look at Wojits album in the portfolio thread and I think Joe Myler from JMD's has a nicely done dragon on his myspace site.

Thanks for your feedback - Draco is one of several dragons i did - the other is too detailed to tattoo and would loose alot of detail. I'm not looking for who's cheapest - am looking for someone who can work with me on it and render it well. if it means i have to drive to waterford/dublin etc - once they are good i'll go. as for metallica symbols - at the moment thats an idea - more then likely i couldn't handle doing draco in just one sitting - might do the "M" for metallica or something like that. who knows - for the moment Draco is the important piece for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement