Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Viewing scripts / Appeals process **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

i got 100 %for my history project!! quiet funny!!! made up a complete essay got 50 something!! two "a" essays and one c !! history wat a class subject such a lottory though!!! my geog was marked so hard ,unreal like!! 5 marks off a b3 ,if i had got it id be in dublin instead of ul!! but im actually so happy bout ul ,so all good ,lucky in a weird way!!!EVERYTING HAPPENS FOR A REASON !!!haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone else get undeserved full marks for Stair na Gaeilge? My understanding was always that it was 15x2=30 marks. I got 13+12+"5 for Gaeilge" = full marks, despite clearly losing marks on each topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kates923

Did any 1 think the english higher was corrected hard ? Im appealing it anyways.
    Me there thinkin i got an A in it. Ha. Some shock i had. Lookd at it today, dno wat the examiner was lukin at anyways, cheek. Ha.
    xXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Found a very obvious calculating mistake on my history paper which could very likely bring me up from a C to a B.

I got 95 out of 100 on my project though, very happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Im between 2 minds as to appeal accountancy or not. Im 3 marks off an A1....and theres a part of a question thats been completely left out, not touched by the examiner at all.

It was kinda shoved onto the back page of the answerbook, away from the rest of the question, but it was labelled and all and they mustn't have seen it.

Its a theory bit worth 10 marks that i had word for word off the marking scheme, and the rest of the questions all seem fine, so i know i'd go up....but its only really the principal of the thing, i'm happy with my points and got my course, so i dunno....Kinda feel like i shouldn't cos theres people dying to find 5 or 10 points anywhere, and im already sorted! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Im between 2 minds as to appeal accountancy or not. Im 3 marks off an A1....and theres a part of a question thats been completely left out, not touched by the examiner at all.

It was kinda shoved onto the back page of the answerbook, away from the rest of the question, but it was labelled and all and they mustn't have seen it.

Its a theory bit worth 10 marks that i had word for word off the marking scheme, and the rest of the questions all seem fine, so i know i'd go up....but its only really the principal of the thing, i'm happy with my points and got my course, so i dunno....Kinda feel like i shouldn't cos theres people dying to find 5 or 10 points anywhere, and im already sorted! :o

Up to you.
    If you feel it would be one of those things that would wreck your head this time next year, go for it.

The examiner should have checked every page, by the way, so that shouldn't have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LizzieDarling

Ya Im soo glad I looked at my scripts!!The never knowing would of killed me bit by bit!!
    Getting Chemistry and Business rechecked got 84% in both,that A2 would be a mighty fine cherry on top of the LC!!
    Dead chuffed with biology got 389/400,97%!!!!!!!!:eek:
    Nearly fell off my seat when I saw Irish!!!95%!!100% in paper 2!!!!!!
    The teacher was nearly more shocked than me!!
    It was bittersweet though,just off A1 in french due to the feck'n tight assed listening marking scheme!:mad:!
    Just another 3 weeks and the waiting will be FINALLY over!!:D!
    Good luck to anyone thats getting rechecks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

0.8% off an A2 in Music:(:rolleyes:

My maths paper 1 was added up wrong - should bring me from a D1 to a C3:)

appealing french but the marking scheme was so strict:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone else get undeserved full marks for Stair na Gaeilge? My understanding was always that it was 15x2=30 marks. I got 13+12+"5 for Gaeilge" = full marks, despite clearly losing marks on each topic!

That's the way it's always marked, out of 13 for one part, 12 for the next, 5 marks for standard of Gaeilge in the two. It's in the marking scheme. So you got full marks, you didn't lose marks at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 poetryinmotion

A Neurotic wrote: »
    No not me.Got 24/30 for stair na gaeilge.what happened to my 6 marks?????think they just took them off me for fun.i cant see what i did wrong.got 3/5 for gaeilge but what happened to my other 4 marks???And i was 4 marks off an A1 to make it worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pjtb

No not me.Got 24/30 for stair na gaeilge.what happened to my 6 marks?????think they just took them off me for fun.i cant see what i did wrong.got 3/5 for gaeilge but what happened to my other 4 marks???And i was 4 marks off an A1 to make it worse

Was what you got out of __/12 and __/13 written down as well as your 3/5 for the gaeilge?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Whats the most anyone got in HL Maths?

i got 555/600. My teacher got 573/600, she was disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 poetryinmotion

pjtb wrote: »
    Was what you got out of __/12 and __/13 written down as well as your 3/5 for the gaeilge?
    13/13 and 8/12.Only lost 14 marks in P2 overall n 6 of those came from stair na gaeilge.oh well s**t happens i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tinfoil_

Never posted here before, but I just felt the need to share my scripts experience!My results sheet indicated I had gotten a C1 in accounting, yet when I viewed the paper yesterday I found out that I got an A1!It was just printed wrongly obviously..I went up twenty points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

My history examiner was throwing marks at me:pac:

Got 90/100 on two of my essays and 87/100 on the contextualisation/short questions. Also got 97/100 on my project.
    However, got a b1 as my third essay got a wonderful 20/100...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Still, if it's that clearcut, you may as well ... otherwise you'll always be thinking "but I ACTUALLY got an A1!"
    Tinfoil_ wrote: »
    Never posted here before, but I just felt the need to share my scripts experience!My results sheet indicated I had gotten a C1 in accounting, yet when I viewed the paper yesterday I found out that I got an A1! It was just printed wrongly obviously..I went up twenty points!
    These things will happen, though they shouldn't. You have no idea how cross-eyed examiners get after wading through hundreds of scripts in what is a tight enough allotment of time.

That's why it's always worth having a look unless you feel really sure that the grade you got reflects what you deserved.
    phlegms wrote: »
    However, got a b1 as my third essay got a wonderful 20/100...:o
    Well, then s/he wasn't throwing marks at you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I was in at the appeals yesterday and I have to say the marking scheme for the biology was very picky. For instance, there was this one question where you asked what were polysacerates made of. I said they were made out of monosacerates (basically sugar), but they wanted the word sugar. Apparently I got that question wrong because I gave a more accurate answer, lol.

I was shocked I got 94% for my history project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I was happy with the results I got. I was between 5-10% off my next mark, so I certainly wouldn''t have gone up a grade.

Besides, I got into NUIM in the first round even though I failed Maths, so I'm happy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    I was in at the appeals yesterday and I have to say the marking scheme for the biology was very picky. For instance, there was this one question where you asked what were polysacerates made of. I said they were made out of monosacerates (basically sugar), but they wanted the word sugar. Apparently I got that question wrong because I gave a more accurate answer, lol.

I was shocked I got 94% for my history project.

The are indeed, friend wrote down alcohol for one of the short questions, but they were looking ethanol, 0 marks. They're very picky alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

In my french exam the question was "what does he do on weekdays" and i wrote swimming and got 0 marks...The answer in the marking scheme was "train in the pool". :rolleyes::mad: what else is he going to do in the pool? jog?! and another answer was something like "des volers" , i wrote "volers" and got 0 ,marks! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

my chemistry was remarked by a chief examiner. i ment from 88% originally to 83%. they just went through the paper axin points everywhere, unfairly i think.
    sickening:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

galway.gaa wrote: »
    my chemistry was remarked by a chief examiner. i ment from 88% originally to 83%. they just went through the paper axin points everywhere, unfairly i think.
    sickening:mad:

That won't have just been done to you.
    It's to do with making sure a LC 2009 is as valid as a LC 2008 - so that every year it's as difficult to get a particular grade as the year before. Otherwise they would become like wine vintages, with people saying things like 'Oh the 2005 LC was a higher standard than the LC 2008'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

spurious wrote: »
    That won't have just been done to you.
    It's to do with making sure a LC 2009 is as valid as a LC 2008 - so that every year it's as difficult to get a particular grade as the year before. Otherwise they would become like wine vintages, with people saying things like 'Oh the 2005 LC was a higher standard than the LC 2008'.
    ya i know but its still not nice to see that i had the A but just got unlucky to end up with a B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

creggy wrote: »
    The are indeed, friend wrote down alcohol for one of the short questions, but they were looking ethanol, 0 marks. They're very picky alright.

That's just a disgrace, I mean there're almost exactly the same thing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

[Chemistry student] No they are not. A dog is not the same thing as a mammal. Ethanol is a type of alcohol, along with methanol, propanol, butanol, and many others. Alcohol being a general term in this context. [/Chemistry student]

But seeing as it's a Biology and not a Chemistry exam, that could be a little harsh. I don't recall the question though... was it the yeast fermentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I wonder, are exams corrected by an examiner who teaches the same subject? Or can anyone correct any subject?

It's just that I noticed a lot of answers marked wrong in my biology paper that, I think had it been corrected by a biology teacher, I would have been giving marks for.

I wonder, are exams corrected by an examiner who teaches the same subject? Or can anyone correct any subject?

It's just that I noticed a lot of answers marked wrong in my biology paper that, I think had it been corrected by a biology teacher, I would have been giving marks for.

They try where possible to get a teacher of the subject, but it's possible when they are stuck they take others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

Kates923 wrote: »
    Did any 1 think the english higher was corrected hard ? Im appealing it anyways.
    Me there thinkin i got an A in it. Ha. Some shock i had. Lookd at it today, dno wat the examiner was lukin at anyways, cheek. Ha.
    xXx

your spelling and grammar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I want to get Biology rechecked. 89.75%. Need one mark for an A1.

I got my course, ie, Medicine.
    I'd been hoping for Trinity, but got UCD so I've no complaints at all. If it does go up (Which it should do as I've found a place where i deserve 6 marks- it wasn't even looked at by the examiner) I still won't get Trinity. I'd need to go up 15 points and I'm getting no other rechecks.

It's purely a pride thing as I got an A1 in Biology last year and the A2 this year therefore sucks.

If I go down (Which is almost impossible imo) I'll still be well over the points for UCD so wouldn't lose my place.

If it stays the same I've just wasted another €40 of my parents money...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ambyangel

neil_18_ wrote: »
    In my french exam the question was "what does he do on weekdays" and i wrote swimming and got 0 marks...The answer in the marking scheme was "train in the pool". :rolleyes::mad: what else is he going to do in the pool? jog?! and another answer was something like "des volers" , i wrote "volers" and got 0 ,marks! :mad:

the french marking scheme was a ****ing disgrace!!!

one answer I had was "she puts them in the bin" but I got 0 because they wanted "she puts them straight in the bin":mad::rolleyes:

Advertisement