Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone remember what happened to this Irish wannabe singer?

• 12-08-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

a couple of years ago I remember this primetime documentary on RTE about this young fella who thought he had what it took to crack the music industry :rolleyes:

anyway i think his name was Muiris or Manchan or something like that...but the point is some record company exec. really believed in the guy (don't know why, the poor guy really did not have 'the look' at all) and invested, I think, 1 million euro in him!

I have not heard of anyone like this since. Anyone know who I'm talking about and what happened him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Probably busking on Grafton street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Probably waiting outside the courtroom on his claim approval for another €1m in proctology bills paid from his previous employer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

he joined boards and it went downhill from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Should be a Not-Suitable-For-Anything warning with that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I saw that too. they got him a stylists and a personal trainer, he wanted a six pack and the rest. near the end wasnt he rapping?

you could check the rte archives, they go back years on their website. you could prob even watch that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ, is it me or does Twink look fecking hot there?

* fap fap *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

cjbh wrote: »
    a couple of years ago I remember this primetime documentary on RTE about this young fella who thought he had what it took to crack the music industry :rolleyes:

I have not heard of anyone like this since. Anyone know who I'm talking about and what happened him?

Have a look at this thread wot I made earlier.......... http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055633118
    Links to the vids in it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

yeh I think he is in america now on broadway, well he was not sure if he still is .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

you're thinking of Marcus Fearon, right???

That was hands down one of the funniest documentaries RTE ever did. You had to admire the guys belief in himself that he was a god given musical genius :D

RTE did a follow up show about a year or so later to see where he was after thr first documentary. Did anyone have a link to the vids for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

oh man, I missed this first time round. I think Tony Quinn really has a lot to answer for in this. There is a difference between instilling confidence in somebody and actually hypnotizing them. That guy backing him has the glazed look of someones who has been hypnotized certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

oh man, I missed this first time round. I think Tony Quinn really has a lot to answer for in this. There is a difference between instilling confidence in somebody and actually hypnotizing them. That guy backing him has the glazed look of someones who has been hypnotized certainly.

tony quinn is a scary man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why?
    You had to admire the guys belief in himself that he was a god given musical genius

Oh yeah he couldn't sing. Vaguely remember this series, it had a few other different types looking to do something. It was just a one off, not really a series from what I remember.

I knew it was a True Lives Documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It was funny at the end of it (part 5 on youtube). After the guy backing him pulled out, he had to move back home to his mother's place where he had a studio in the attic. Mikey Graham, an equally talented musician who got unbelievably lucky (I mean how on earth was he picked for Boyzone), called to him and was spouting on about how talented Marcus was. Ridiculous.

You could see that his mother didnt really believe he was as talented as he thinks he is. She said that she would be happier if he just got a stable job. I know a load of guys who have more talent than him. Again, I think Tony Quinn does this to people. He's not a bad lad, just deluded.

Advertisement