Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old style barbers in D.5/D.13

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

I am new to the local area, just wondering is there any good Old style barbers in the D.5 D13 area?
    Basically I am getting married soon so I am looking for an old fashioned cut throat shave on the day for me and the best man.
    Have googled it, searched yellow pages but its hard to know from just the name of a barbers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont know of any in the area and i live in dublin 5, the only old barbers would be tommy's in edenmore and the barber shop in raheny village but they dont do shaving

here is a thread on boards about it

here is one in south william street

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

dunno what areas in particular that D5 covers but theres a barbers beside the phibsborough shopping centre that does old style scissors cuts and cut throat shaver thingys. you wont miss it, its red and white and at the eddie rockets end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, you can be taking a chance in some of them if they're not coming from a recommendation. If I were you, I'd be popping into this place;

http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/barbering.php

You'll have to go into the centre of town, but hey - At least you don't have to get hair and makeup done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

A lot of guys I know go to Billy O Boyles in Sutton. I don't know what services he offers. Number is 8323068

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ileno

Thanks lads,
    Will check them out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement