Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook, hotmail & twitter gone AGAIN!!??

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Ok i just got in from the pub and im trying to access my facebook, hotmail & twitter... and all of them are down. Cant access any of these sites. Anyone else having the same trouble??

Its getting a bit ridiculous at this stage and I seriously dont think its hackers in feckin eastern europe this time. What the hell is goin on with these sites lately?? They seem to be unaccessibly alot especially during night time hours.

Comments

I'm having this problem on UPC just within the last 10 minutes, can't seem to access most US based sites. Sounds like a backbone problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

As of 5-10 mins ago cant connect to MSN, cnet.com, bits of yahoo.. but google, boards.ie, etc, working. Its certain routes it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

yup. xbox live is down just like last time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

On UPC i can't access hotmail. Facebook and twitter are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

same , back up now , not sure if it was them or the ipconfig /flushdns i ran that did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

if you are not using gmail, you deserve all you get. 99.99% uptime (better than most paid for services)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Mine was gone ie facebook but its back now

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Back again now

if you are not using gmail, you deserve all you get. 99.99% uptime (better than most paid for services)

Can't say I agree with you there. My Hotmail account which has been in use constantly for about 6 years only rarely gets spam. My gmail currently has 354 spam messages and I rarely use it - never signed up to any website with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Karsini wrote: »
    Can't say I agree with you there. My Hotmail account which has been in use constantly for about 6 years only rarely gets spam. My gmail currently has 354 spam messages and I rarely use it - never signed up to any website with it.

pretty much the same as myself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

not a fanboy or apologist, can only assume you haven't used the 'report spam feature'. otherwise the integration with reader/bookmarks etc means that going to any pc anywhere in the world, i can get my mail, favourite bookmarks, podcasts and rss feeds by simply going to igoogle is without comparison. search feature in gmail has to be seen to be believed.

having said all that the original query was on uptime/downtime and if you have an account with host-tracker you can see gmail is higher than hotmail (99.993 vs 99.946)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Didn't google's server's (Google, Maps, GMail) fall over for nearly 2 days there a while back? Can't remember the last time Hotmail went down and a backbone connection problem isn't the fault of Hotmail. My Gmail account also gets more spam than any other e-mail provider I've ever used and I rarely use/distribute my GMail address.

Advertisement