Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats up with Biker.ie?

• 13-08-2009 12:57am

Has it been hacked? I get a picture of Hans Gruber when I try logging on :eek:
    www.biker.ie
    Edit: Nope, now it says server update, my mistake :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

I was worried earlier on, but just noticed the Hans Gruber picture now

Ho Ho Ho,
    Now i've a gun too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Could have warned us they were going to do it!
    Probably get bussied for discussing moderator actions, even if in another forum.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Rippy wrote: »
    Probably get bussied for discussing moderator actions, even if in another forum.:(
    Wouldnt be surprised lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Hans Gruber was Bussied and now he's staged a Coo and has over thrown the site.

It was going to happen at some stage, Chopper needs to take it easy with the ban wand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

they hit the often thought theoretical limit on infraction points and broke their t'internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Update From Biker.ie:

Following intensive negotiations, Hans Gruber's outragous demands have been met.

hans-gruber.jpg

"Va'ar are my wagon wheels"

/note, normal service should be resumed by mid-day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Too many mods crashed the site ha:P

Just got an update from Admin, seems the Ranchero database was corrupted when a fatal exception was caused in the Bussie subsection. He's restoring it from the Wagonwheel DLT now and it should be back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

It was back online but now ! !
    Brokeagain.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The account has been suspended is the latest message :eek:

• Advertisement

She's back up :D

rather ibf meself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Rippy wrote: »

proper order.

cecil loves new inmates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

gsxr1 wrote: »
    proper order.

cecil loves new inmates.
    Agh, fook off and cook yer chops Kenny, :D

Yep , I'm in again, as predicted.
    I'm hardly a new inmate though. Cecil knows me too well at this stage :(

KTRIC wrote: »
    It was going to happen at some stage, Chopper needs to take it easy with the ban wand.

I was just given a weeks ban on biker.ie for this !! :rolleyes:

But i have been given the option to make a donation to get the ban lifted early.

Where does Chopper get off pulling this sh!t ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

But i have been given the option to make a donation to get the ban lifted early.

ah stop whingin out of ya, its all a bit of craic

guil wrote: »
    ah stop whingin out of ya, its all a bit of craic

How so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

sure ya must know what its like on biker.ie , you were asking for it there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Biker.ie has gone to shite. most of the people on there are scummers, and if you drive anything other than a gixxer they think there's somthing wrong with you cos the gixxer is the only bike that exists. I've started to use irish biker forum. And I've a GS, so I have ukgser to use too. That site is great, it's well worth making a donation to and almost everyone does. Between boards, irish biker forum and a forum for your specific bike, why would you bother with biker.ie:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

Quint wrote: »
    Biker.ie has gone to shite. most of the people on there are scummers, and if you drive anything other than a gixxer they think there's somthing wrong with you cos the gixxer is the only bike that exists. I've started to use irish biker forum. And I've a GS, so I have ukgser to use too. That site is great, it's well worth making a donation to and almost everyone does. Between boards, irish biker forum and a forum for your specific bike, why would you bother with biker.ie:)

i think there was another forum called bikers.ie LOL , was basically for ex biker.ie members but Ibf is a great forum , has to be the best around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

Quint wrote: »

16,000 'scummers' ?

.. and all the pot bellied Ewan McGeriatric BMW owners wonder why they're considered such 'nobs' by real bikers.

Biker.ie wrote: »
    16,000 'scummers' ?

.. and all the pot bellied Ewan McGeriatric BMW owners wonder why they're considered such 'nobs' by real bikers.

Oh hey Chopper.

real bikers that go to rallies in station wagons. Ha ha. Tool

seanybiker wrote: »

They do ??

Shoite, that's what I've been doing wrong :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Children... Children.... Play nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

16,000 'scummers' ?

If you judge someone by the bike they ride you're the one with the problem.

seanybiker wrote: »
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Wouldn't go knocking biker.ie - met a lot of old biking friends through some of their Runs. Good place for info/help, whatever!

Like on any forum - "think twice - post once" and you'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Nodster wrote: »
    Wouldn't go knocking biker.ie - met a lot of old biking friends through some of their Runs. Good place for info/help, whatever!

Like on any forum - "think twice - post once" and you'll be grand ;)

There are a lot of lads on biker replying to serious questions who don't know what they are talking about....

And from time to time, the backslapping and cock sucking amongst a small group of regulars is a bit stomach churning ....

But then again, I asked a silly question a few weeks back without thinking and got absolutely stomped on, So I might be a bit cranky with them...

Anyhoo I think Ill leave them at it in future, there are other good sites mentioned above

plenty of sites for different personalities. Every site has sound people and dopes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

16,000 'scummers' ?

lol, nice mature way to promote your site genius

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement