Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long can an Irish citizen stay in these countries as a tourist ?

• 13-08-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all. I've been looking around for information about this, but I'm finding it a bit hard to come by. If anyone knows a site that shows how long Irish people can stay in various countries as a tourist, a link would be appreciated :)
    As far as I know, the average is about 3 months, but I know there are some places ,for example Japan , where you can stay for 6 months and also I imagine some places allow less than 3 months. Anyway, failing the existence of a website listing this, I'll just name a few countries I'm planning on traveling to and hopefully some helpful types here might be able to tell me how long you can spend in these places as a tourist( not a working holiday visa)

Anyway,

Canada, New Zealand, Australia, India, U.S.A, Mexico, Various countries in South America ;) , Russia, China, Nepal, Thailand.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

India is 6 months, but the visas starts from the date of issue, so I suppose theoretically it's about 5 months :P You need to apply for it at least 2 weeks before travelling to India although you can get it the same day in Dublin pretty much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

You can have up to 60 days in Nepal AFAIR if you pay extra at immigration. NZ and Oz will let you stay up to a year with a working holiday visa, otherwise I think the limit might be a lot less.
    Countries in S.America tend to give lengthy visas- Peru, Bolivia and Argentina( where I am now ) all gave me 90 day stays. Not too sure about Mexico but I think I got 30 days when there but Id say more is possible if you ask or pay extra.
    Russia and China are 30 day stays AFAIR and Thailand has a max of 60 though I did hear they are only issuing 15 days visas to overland travellers- not 100% sure if this is true or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

90 days in the states

need to fill in a esta form online too before you get there.

Advertisement