Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

streaming media ands ics

• 13-08-2009 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

set my xbox up downstairs for the week,usually its plugged into the router and i can see my shared media on the xbox, couldnt get my wireless gaming bridge to work so i decided i would go with ics to the pc in the living room, I can get onto live this way no problem, I want to be able to see the shares for my music up on my desktop though, is there any way i can do this with my current setup?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

weeder wrote: »
    set my xbox up downstairs for the week,usually its plugged into the router and i can see my shared media on the xbox, couldnt get my wireless gaming bridge to work so i decided i would go with ics to the pc in the living room, I can get onto live this way no problem, I want to be able to see the shares for my music up on my desktop though, is there any way i can do this with my current setup?

If the computer is wired to the router and if you have windows media center on your computer it should work its a bit crappy though or you can download Tversity free and it puts all your videos and stuff in order http://tversity.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im running tversity on the main desktop, but the xbox cannot see it since its connecting through a pc in the living room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I assume that the pc in the living room is connecting wirelessly to the same network as the pc upstairs. Try disabling ics and highlighting the two connections in the connection manager on the downstairs pc and bridging them.
    I'd imagine that the problem is that ics doesn't retransmit broadcasts from what ever connection it is sharing, so the xbox has no idea that your pc is sharing, or even there. This should hopefully fix that.

Advertisement