Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month extensions

Options
  • 13-08-2009 4:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been away for a while and have returned to find I got 3 month extensions on all my guns. I have an application for a rifle that's been in for a few months now and I'm assuming that has been filed in the bin so I'll have to reapply for that.

Firstly, how do I go about disposing of a shotgun? I can't justify the leap in security requirements so I'll need to reduce their number.

Secondly, what happens when in 3 months time if the Gardai haven't issued certs (I've never had a cert granted in under 3 months, my last rifle took over a year) I'll have unlicenced firearms, will I need to hand them up?

I can't get in contact with the local FAO, he's probably a bit busy with all this anyway, so I'm directing my questions here in case someone else has had some luck.

Comments

Advertisement